vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Coaches Poll

Post by vegasdom »

USC 4
UW 7
Stanford 14
Utah 25

Unranked. I know it doesn't mean much but it bugs me. Stanford is not a top 20 team. Washington is a little high after losing their top Offensive threat and a few of their best defenders. Utah lol, common.
UofO8
Senior

Re: Coaches Poll

Post by UofO8 »

Why does it bug you? We went 4-8 last season, we don't deserve a ranking until we prove it on the field.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

We sucked hardcore last season and lost out best WR to Utah, I think it's fair to have Utah at 25 and Oregon unranked. Still gotta recover from the Helf debacle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

4-8 last season...brand new coaching staff, of course we're gonna be on the outside looking in. Doesn't matter where our Ducks start....it's where they finish!
pdxduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck »

A 3-0 start will have them top 20.

I can't bring myself to get worked up over preseason polls.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Their defense was among the worst in the entire country, I think only 2 teams had a worse defense. I might debate anyone having a worse defense than Oregon. They do not deserve to be ranked by anyone with any kind of knowledge of the debacle from last year. They have to show something before getting ranked.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I have a feeling USC will not live up to expectations this year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

karlhungis wrote:I have a feeling USC will not live up to expectations this year.
shocker
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't know if USC gets to the playoff, and I know the Pac 12 is usually tough to figure who prevails or gets to the conference championship game, but I think I probably would pick USC to be conference champions. They have a pretty good coach and a really good qb. I would prefer it be anyone other than USC or Washington just cause I dislike those two the most. USC won the rose bowl last year. It would be hard for me to pick against them even though I do not like them.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't know if USC gets to the playoff, and I know the Pac 12 is usually tough to figure who prevails or gets to the conference championship game, but I think I probably would pick USC to be conference champions. They have a pretty good coach and a really good qb. I would prefer it be anyone other than USC or Washington just cause I dislike those two the most. USC won the rose bowl last year. It would be hard for me to pick against them even though I do not like them.
I think the jury is still out on how good of a coach Helton is. I think there has to be a reason he was looked at as an interim coach and only begrudgingly was promoted to head coach. I am expecting the shine to come off of him a little this year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I hope this staff burns Burmeister's (sp?) in the first game. He needs as much game experience as possible. Give him some time against NB and WY if possible. I think it was a huge mistake on Helf's part to not get Herbert some early game work given our QB situation. Redshirts should be viewed as a luxury, and we did not, and do not have that luxury this season or last.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UofDuck wrote:I hope this staff burns Burmeister's (sp?) in the first game. He needs as much game experience as possible. Give him some time against NB and WY if possible. I think it was a huge mistake on Helf's part to not get Herbert some early game work given our QB situation. Redshirts should be viewed as a luxury, and we did not, and do not have that luxury this season or last.
Playing against the 1st team defense on a weekly basis is very valuable, as well.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Rest of the poll for those interested.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Colorado and Washington State the next two out of the rankings.

Also, Nebraska and Wyoming got some votes and are just out of the rankings as well, so we have plenty of opportunity to prove ourselves in just the non-conf games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
UofDuck wrote:I hope this staff burns Burmeister's (sp?) in the first game. He needs as much game experience as possible. Give him some time against NB and WY if possible. I think it was a huge mistake on Helf's part to not get Herbert some early game work given our QB situation. Redshirts should be viewed as a luxury, and we did not, and do not have that luxury this season or last.
Playing against the 1st team defense on a weekly basis is very valuable, as well.
While that is true, there is no comparing going against your own team in practice to a game environment against an unfamiliar foe with 50k screaming fans hovering over you. If Herbert gets dinged up, our next guy (who is a true frosh) needs to be as ready as possible and that training should start game one.