Southern Utah @ Oregon (Sept 2, Sat 5:15 PM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Southern Utah @ Oregon (Sept 2, Sat 5:15 PM Pac-12 Net)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Well I am selling my ticket to the game :( I have bad asthma and apparently we'll be getting more smoke this weekend, just not worth it. Besides, what good am I if I go and can't yell all game long cause of the smoke?! Hopefully everyone else yells loud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

When I see how the Thunderbirds' defense vs. common opponents last year gave up just 3 to UC Davis (the Ducks gave up 28 to them) and 24 at Utah (Ducks gave up 28 there), and that the Thunderbirds apparently return a lot of that defense, it gives me a little pause. Circumstances both last year and from last year to this year are appreciably different, and I'm certainly not worried about losing this week. But I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't, particularly in the first game for the new coaching staff, the blowout we're all hoping for.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Greenblood wrote:When I see how the Thunderbirds' defense vs. common opponents last year gave up just 3 to UC Davis (the Ducks gave up 28 to them) and 24 at Utah (Ducks gave up 28 there), and that the Thunderbirds apparently return a lot of that defense, it gives me a little pause. Circumstances both last year and from last year to this year are appreciably different, and I'm certainly not worried about losing this week. But I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't, particularly in the first game for the new coaching staff, the blowout we're all hoping for.
My thoughts exactly. Oregon 28, Southern Utah 17
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Nice for Mondeaux. Royce is a no brainer.
I'm not sure about Royce. He was part of our problems last year. I hate to call him soft, but that's what he was.

Yikes. You really think Royce is soft? Like of everything you've watched and seen you say yep, thats a soft football player right there.

Eh. he would rather avoid contact than give it. Probably the best thing to do long term but...
He was hurt almost the entire year, not sure how playing through injuries is soft.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
Greenblood wrote:When I see how the Thunderbirds' defense vs. common opponents last year gave up just 3 to UC Davis (the Ducks gave up 28 to them) and 24 at Utah (Ducks gave up 28 there), and that the Thunderbirds apparently return a lot of that defense, it gives me a little pause. Circumstances both last year and from last year to this year are appreciably different, and I'm certainly not worried about losing this week. But I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't, particularly in the first game for the new coaching staff, the blowout we're all hoping for.
If we only score 28 vs them. Put a fork in us, we aren't winning another game all year.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Oregon 45
Southern Utah 20
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phenom wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Nice for Mondeaux. Royce is a no brainer.
I'm not sure about Royce. He was part of our problems last year. I hate to call him soft, but that's what he was.

Yikes. You really think Royce is soft? Like of everything you've watched and seen you say yep, thats a soft football player right there.

Eh. he would rather avoid contact than give it. Probably the best thing to do long term but...
He was hurt almost the entire year, not sure how playing through injuries is soft.
Playing with a rib/sternum injury, regardless of how effective, pretty much permanently removes you from the soft column for the rest of your career. Just breathing with that sort of injury can be excruciating, let alone getting hit 15+ times per game as a lead running back. But hey, whatever you say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Not just ribs, he had a fairly severely hurt shin also, which he hurt vs Nebraska.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Worth noting that when UC Davis played SUU last year, they were playing without their starting QB due to injury.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
If we only score 28 vs them. Put a fork in us, we aren't winning another game all year.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think there will be a lot of sputtering by the offense due to a new system and rust and the youth of the team. Hell they might score 50 but I'll stick by my prediction. What's your prediction? We'll compare notes after the game.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

It's almost here!!! But On that note I think the score will be something like 50-28. I think our first unit D starts out slow and then finally by midway first quarter or early second we start to see our improvements. Halftime I think will be a little closer then what we like but then the ducks take off in the second half.
Return Of the Quack!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I've got 45-17. A healthy Royce goes for 150 total yards, and has 3tds.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:I've got 45-17. A healthy Royce goes for 150 total yards, and has 3tds.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO DUCKS!!!