Here's a tough question:

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Here's a tough question:

Post by Diehardduckfan »

And maybe a bit premature, and hypothetical (so please no debate), but what the heck.

Would you rather have had a national championship in 2015, and had Mark Helfrich as our coach for another 10 years(because he won us a championship) and all 10 years be losing seasons(including losing to the Huskies) or be where we are today?

I would have to go with championship, and suffer the 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Here's a tough question:

Post by Phenom »

Diehardduckfan wrote:And maybe a bit premature, and hypothetical (so please no debate), but what the heck.

Would you rather have had a national championship in 2015, and had Mark Helfrich as our coach for another 10 years(because he won us a championship) and all 10 years be losing seasons(including losing to the Huskies) or be where we are today?

That is a tough one...
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Diehardduckfan wrote:And maybe a bit premature, and hypothetical (so please no debate), but what the heck.

I would take Willie and the new staff, just from what I have seen so far.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, I think we would be considered a "flash in the pan" if we had 10 losing season in a row and would be talked about Nike buying a championship and what not.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It's almost like saying would you rather be the huskies of the last 20 years or the Ducks of the last 20 years. Put that way, I'm going to say Ducks.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Remember the past and enjoy a win. But move on with the future. Lots of teams have
success and its never enough. If Helfrich wins the natty there would be no way he
is still coaching with ten straight losing seasons after that. I will take this new staff and
move on.
Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

duckfan22 wrote:Remember the past and enjoy a win. But move on with the future. Lots of teams have
success and its never enough. If Helfrich wins the natty there would be no way he
is still coaching with ten straight losing seasons after that. I will take this new staff and
move on.
Again I said it was a hypothetical remember so no debating. To be honest no one actually would know that. I could have said 10 straight 8-4 or 9-3 seasons and the ducks would never win the conference for 10 years and the huskies would beat us ever one of those years. How about that?

I we don't have to move on we are fans not players. Players have to move on and take one game at a time. Fans we don't. We can talk about this kind of stuff because we are fans.

Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

StevensTechU wrote:It's almost like saying would you rather be the huskies of the last 20 years or the Ducks of the last 20 years. Put that way, I'm going to say Ducks.
Yep but the let's say the ducks were going 7-5 to 9-3 during those 10 seasons, never winning the PAC and every year losing to the huskies. And still underwhelming in recruiting. How about that?

Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Here's a tough question:

Post by Diehardduckfan »

Phenom wrote:Yeah, I think we would be considered a "flash in the pan" if we had 10 losing season in a row and would be talked about Nike buying a championship and what not.
Yeah that's true. If we kept up underwhelming winning seasons for 10 year years I think that would be true as well.... but we would still have a championship. And we would debate the flash in the pan. I don't know hard call for me on this. I think I would take the championship

Diehardduckfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by Diehardduckfan »

Alan wrote:

I would take Willie and the new staff, just from what I have seen so far.
But we would have a championship! A definitive championship, something the huskies can't even say.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Diehardduckfan wrote: But we would have a championship! A definitive championship, something the huskies can't even say.
IDGAF about the poodles so trying to one-up them is absolutely beneath the program in my estimation. We may not have won a title under Chip, but the Chip Kelly Era will live on as one of the most destructive offenses in CFB history. EVER. + Marcus MariGOATa.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

At my age, I'd have to take the NC. Bucket list and all...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

This one is an easy. The championship. We might lose for 10 straight years with this staff (and its successors), because as a unit and at this level they haven't proven anything except for recruiting. They are 0-0. Now if you had specified in your question that the new staff was going to turn out to be great and hang around the question would be much tougher.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Natty

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Screw 10 years of losing. A natty would have been nice, but last season really sucked. Barbecues and watch parties are a lot more fun when your team has a better chance of winning. I want the Ducks to win the big one as much as anything, but seriously... what's the point of winning a championship if that means 10 years of crappy seasons? Put it that way, I'd rather just win the Pac-12 title each year and never win a natty.
Willie Taggart is a dick.