Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by GrantDuck »

Our kicker is coming out wearing the WWF belt next game! Intimidation! :lol:

Crazy to see Pickett get that award as a true freshman. Love his willingness to pop somebody.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lots of people thought Pickett was a throwaway to get Lenoir, Graham, and Redd. Guess not!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah really surprising to see Pickett playing as well as he is.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Have to love the emotion the coaches and players now bring to the game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Have to love the emotion the coaches and players now bring to the game.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Anyone have any information on what the NFL scouts thought of Rolls Royce, Herbert, Dye, Crosby, etc.?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

greenyellow wrote:Have to love the emotion the coaches and players now bring to the game.
I'm thinking Willie relates to the players just a wee bit better than Helf. :lol:
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

ducks5ever wrote:Anyone have any information on what the NFL scouts thought of Rolls Royce, Herbert, Dye, Crosby, etc.?
I heard as many as 16 scouts were at the game. I was on the Ducks side of the field and saw scouts from the: Dolphins, Cardinals and Broncos watching the Ducks warm up. They seemed to all be watching Herbert IMO but hard to say for sure. Presumably, most scouts were there to check out Josh Allen if 'experts' are to be believed but those are the only 3 that I saw for sure scouting the Ducks.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I like to see Pickett doing well since some thought he was a throw in deal. I thought throwing the ball was classless instead of just taking a knee
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

thomas time wrote:I like to see Pickett doing well since some thought he was a throw in deal. I thought throwing the ball was classless instead of just taking a knee
I hate this line of thinking. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing your backup QB who desperately needs reps turning around to hand off for 3 straight predictable plays. And those backup db's for a team getting beat aren't going to improve if they're not tested. This is just one of those stupid unwritten rules that serves no real purpose.
UofDuck
Senior

Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by UofDuck »

How is it classless to give your backup QB a chance to "do something"? I find it disrespectful to A, leave your starters in when the game is in hand. B, run trick plays when the game is in hand, and C, it is very disrespectful to the other team's players to ask your backups not to try. I've played enough to know that it pissed me off when the other team took a knee. You take away my chance to make a play. My attitude was "bring it". Don't you take a knee you f'ers.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

UofDuck wrote:How is it classless to give your backup QB a chance to "do something"? I find it disrespectful to A, leave your starters in when the game is in hand. B, run trick plays when the game is in hand, and C, it is very disrespectful to the other team's players to ask your backups not to try. I've played enough to know that it pissed me off when the other team took a knee. You take away my chance to make a play. My attitude was "bring it". Don't you take a knee you f'ers.
You omitted going for two with the game in hand. Jim Harbaugh is insulted. :(
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Casper newspaper story on the game said there were 21 NFL scouts there...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

ducks5ever wrote:Anyone have any information on what the NFL scouts thought of Rolls Royce, Herbert, Dye, Crosby, etc.?
Here's what every scout says about any player publicly: He looked good out there or He need's some work but he's got the skills. Whatever a scout tells a player or coach is taken with a grain of salt.

What's obvious though is that Crosby is healthy and looks great against guys he should be beating up. What he does against Stanford, the poodles, the P12 CG and bowl game will tell you a lot about how high he goes. If he looks like a Tackle he'll go in the 1st. Looks like a Guard and it's harder to say.

Royce is who he is and I think that means he's not going to be a 1st but he's a Top 100 player in the draft who can be a starter for a number of teams. A good but not great player, like Snoop.

Herbert and Dye are on their lists but as True Sophomores scouts aren't working on next years class like college coaches do in recruiting. If you want a projection than I'm going Herbert Top 3 and Dye as a mid 20's 1st rounder. Herbert is like a non-rapey/douchey and mobile Ben Roethlisberger. Dye in the middle could turn into Bobby Wagner. :mrgreen:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think both Dye and Herbert have a lot to work on before they are too 20 picks. First thing with Dye, size he's just small to play in the nfl and I don't have a solid take on his 40 (Wagner runs a legit 4.4 40) since I've never seen it anywhere. But he's a guy who needs a minimum of 10lbs-20lbs more. Herbert still has a hard time going through his reads, shaking off previous bad throws and his release point is by his ear, which certainly will need fixing. He's been great but if you watch the games objectively you see a lot Herbert misses, stuff that will lose games in the nfl, and possibly lose UO games this year.