Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Time for game 3 against the Cowboys of Wyoming.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by Duck4Ever »

Wyoming can't run the ball even against lowly competition. Expect several picks again by the Duck DBs.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Before the season started, while I was never really that worried that the Ducks might lose to Nebraska, THIS was the early-season game that concerned me. I'm still a little concerned due to the altitude (at an elevation of 7,220 feet above sea level, War Memorial Stadium is the highest Division 1 [meaning FBS AND FCS] stadium in college football). But based on what the Ducks have done so far and what the Cowboys have done so far (3-24 loss at Iowa, 27-0 home win over FCS Gardner-Webb), this would be a pretty disappointing loss.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Current line is Ducks -13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Will be there hooting and hollering.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:
Moseley 9/10 practice report: http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/9/10/f ... pt-10.aspx
I've been wondering why they would practice with sore bodies the day after a game rather than recover. One idea just dawned on me - practice on Sunday means getting to bed at a reasonable time on Saturday. Those who have followed for years probably know that players have a tendency to go out and do some stupid things nights after games when they can wake up late the next day. By having practice, you hinder that. Anyway, just a thought.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

StevensTechU wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Moseley 9/10 practice report: http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/9/10/f ... pt-10.aspx
I've been wondering why they would practice with sore bodies the day after a game rather than recover. One idea just dawned on me - practice on Sunday means getting to bed at a reasonable time on Saturday. Those who have followed for years probably know that players have a tendency to go out and do some stupid things nights after games when they can wake up late the next day. By having practice, you hinder that. Anyway, just a thought.
I doubt it stops them but I'm sure they have that thought in the back of their minds. They are young adults after all...I mean, I know it wouldn't stop me. :lol:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phenom wrote: I doubt it stops them but I'm sure they have that thought in the back of their minds. They are young adults after all...I mean, I know it wouldn't stop me. :lol:
Nothing is foolproof besides handcuffing them to the Hatfield Dowlin complex.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Working out while fatigued, done correctly, is a great way to build muscular endurance.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Before the season started I predicted a loss for this game, since then I'm changing it to a win and also predicting Oregon will go 8-4 rather than 7-5, but still really scared about this game. I know they're running offense is really bad, but that passing offense scares me. Hopefully Springs and Graham step up and the front 7 put Josh Allen on his back a lot. GO DUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck4Ever wrote:Wyoming can't run the ball even against lowly competition. Expect several picks again by the Duck DBs.
They pulled a redshirt on a True Freshman RB last week, he runs hard and with anger. Bigger kid at 6'3" 210, have a feeling we'll see more of him this week and he's an Oregon kid so will most likely have a chip on his shoulder.
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

pudgejeff wrote:
Duck4Ever wrote:Wyoming can't run the ball even against lowly competition. Expect several picks again by the Duck DBs.
They pulled a redshirt on a True Freshman RB last week, he runs hard and with anger. Bigger kid at 6'3" 210, have a feeling we'll see more of him this week and he's an Oregon kid so will most likely have a chip on his shoulder.
Will he be opening the holes himself?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Before the season started I predicted a loss for this game, since then I'm changing it to a win and also predicting Oregon will go 8-4 rather than 7-5, but still really scared about this game. I know they're running offense is really bad, but that passing offense scares me. Hopefully Springs and Graham step up and the front 7 put Josh Allen on his back a lot. GO DUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've only watched Wyoming play Iowa but based off of that game, Nebraska had a much more potent offense than Wyoming does. Wyoming has a better QB but the surrounding pieces on Nebraska are vastly superior. What concerns me more is the Wyoming defense. They are the number 3 defense against the pass and really appear to play very sound football. I think Oregon fans are going to be frustrated with our offense again after this game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pudgejeff wrote:
He can run with all the anger he wants, he'll still be the least talented back we see all year.