Who is headed out for Wyoming?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Who is headed out for Wyoming?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

36 hours until I head out, pretty excited. Who else is going?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckSker
High School Drop Out

Re: Who is headed out for Wyoming?

Post by DuckSker »

I'm not going, but that is one of the most beautiful drives on Earth, and that comes from a pretty well travelled guy.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DuckSker wrote:I'm not going, but that is one of the most beautiful drives on Earth, and that comes from a pretty well travelled guy.
I-80 From Evanston to Laramie is butt ugly in a nice sorta way?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DuckSker
High School Drop Out

Post by DuckSker »

nogerO wrote:
DuckSker wrote:I'm not going, but that is one of the most beautiful drives on Earth, and that comes from a pretty well travelled guy.
I-80 From Evanston to Laramie is butt ugly in a nice sorta way?
But Eugene to Laramie is pretty spectacular.
pairadux
One Star Recruit

Post by pairadux »

My family and I are driving up from Denver. Talk about a blah drive...

We've been fortunate that Oregon has played CU/Utah/Wyoming each year since we've moved away from Eugene.

Can't wait to see my Ducks in person!
Spokaneduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Spokaneduck »

I left Tuesday from Spokane. The whole state of Montana seems to be on fire. Horrible smoke everywhere. I'm in Rapid City S.D now spending a few days with family. Friday morning I will head down to Laramie. Safe travels to everyone coming out here.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Better dress accordingly. Forcast is for high of 60 and a low of 33. Could get pretty cold by game time and maybe even snow... :o :o :o
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

As long as it's not rainy, it's all good.

DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

nogerO wrote:Better dress accordingly. Forcast is for high of 60 and a low of 33. Could get pretty cold by game time and maybe even snow... :o :o :o
That's life at 7,220 feet above mean sea level. I always pray for snow when Hawaii comes to Laramie. It adds another dimension to the game. One note, if it is mostly sunny, be sure to wear sun block because even if it's in the 60's you still can get burnt pretty bad.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Crowd never really got into the game, which is a bummer because leading up to the kickoff it was a good vibe.

Overall, a really fun game to attend. Most of the Wyoming fans were pleasant. Of course, we got F the Ducks constantly from the idiot fans. We owned the first couple rows in Section H, so it was good times with fellow Ducks.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Crowd never really got into the game, which is a bummer because leading up to the kickoff it was a good vibe.

Overall, a really fun game to attend. Most of the Wyoming fans were pleasant. Of course, we got F the Ducks constantly from the idiot fans. We owned the first couple rows in Section H, so it was good times with fellow Ducks.

I was there with TK in row 1 and it was amazing. We were there with a guy wearing a yellow ducks helmet if anyone saw us.
paduck
One Star Recruit

Post by paduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Crowd never really got into the game, which is a bummer because leading up to the kickoff it was a good vibe.

People really yelled F the Ducks at you? That's crazy to me coming from Wyoming fans. I stayed for the whole game and tailgated a few hours before in all Oregon gear and didn't hear a peep from anyone. I did hear a couple people in the student section shouting it at one point, but it didn't seem to be directed at anyone and that's expected from drunken college kids.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

paduck wrote:

People really yelled F the Ducks at you? That's crazy to me coming from Wyoming fans. I stayed for the whole game and tailgated a few hours before in all Oregon gear and didn't hear a peep from anyone. I did hear a couple people in the student section shouting it at one point, but it didn't seem to be directed at anyone and that's expected from drunken college kids.
At least 5 times. I think all instances were outside of the stadium, because we were waiting for some of our party. So we were sitting Ducks (pun halfsies intended)

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Our group, which was all in our mid-to-late 20s, got about 50% welcome reception and 50% a-holes before the game. Not much in the middle. Kinda weird, but had a great time regardless. After the game people were generally friendlier with a few outliers.