Oregon @ Arizona State (Sept. 23, Sat 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Arizona State (Sept. 23, Sat 7 PM Pac-12 Networ

Post by Handsome Dan »

karlhungis wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:It's funny you say that Karl, I was scrolling through the asu site, and their fans see to think he's scarred to run. They are very critical of him in the run option, and say everyone knows he doesn't want to run and D don't respect that he will run.
I think that is a fair criticism based off of the TTU game. He seems to hand off about 80 - 90% of the time but once in a while he doesn't and he seems to get a decent gain. It's just something we haven't faced yet this year. I don't think he is going to take over the game or anything. I just didn't articulate it very well.
You say that after a game where the only TD scored was a QB run haha.
rgardner
High School Drop Out

Post by rgardner »

karlhungis wrote:
brich75 wrote:Just got home did my "honey do's" then dat down turned on tv. Arizona st vs TT is on Chanel 34 Comcast right now if anyone is interested in watching

Dying to watch it. Unfortunately I need an internet version of it and there doesn't appear to be one uploaded anywhere at this time. Please post your impressions.
ASU Texas Tech 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRlFQ0qUg6o
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Jim Leavitt 9/20 interview:

Troy Dye 9/20 interview:

Willie Taggart 9/20 interview:
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

Austin didn't play the last game?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck4Ever wrote:Austin didn't play the last game?
Nope. Supposedly had a foot injury that he suffered in practice last week.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

crump for ASU is out for the game, their best defender.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Leavitt reminds me of Rick Flair.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

TualatinDuck wrote:crump for ASU is out for the game, their best defender.
Stinks for them. I'd love to see our O just absolutely let loose and put up 60.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

While we have understandably been focusing on how our offense ought to have success against ASU's defense, I was wondering about the opposite matchup. Two weekends ago in Tempe, San Diego State largely controlled the Sun Devils' offense and I'm curious as to how they were able to do that. I understand that SDSU has a Stanford-type clock-chewing ball control offense, which I suppose caused some of ASU's offensive problems that game, not allowing them to get into a good rhythm, etc. It's hard to imagine the Aztecs having terrific defensive personnel. Anyone have further insights on how SDSU had such defensive success vs ASU?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Greenblood wrote:While we have understandably been focusing on how our offense ought to have success against ASU's defense, I was wondering about the opposite matchup. Two weekends ago in Tempe, San Diego State largely controlled the Sun Devils' offense and I'm curious as to how they were able to do that. I understand that SDSU has a Stanford-type clock-chewing ball control offense, which I suppose caused some of ASU's offensive problems that game, not allowing them to get into a good rhythm, etc. It's hard to imagine the Aztecs having terrific defensive personnel. Anyone have further insights on how SDSU had such defensive success vs ASU?
Didn't watch them against ASU but did against Stanford. SDSU is an above average defense and has been for quite some time. They get tremendous pressure on QB's and it comes from everywhere, a key feature of Rocky Long's 3-3-5 defense. Athletically, if you watched the game without knowing who was who, other than Love, you would have thought SDSU had the better athletes. That may have been a by-productive of scheme keeping Stanford's O lost and confused.

Using the transitive property is tough enough in college football, but using it with SDSU's defense is even more difficult because it is so unique in both formation and base coverages.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:While we have understandably been focusing on how our offense ought to have success against ASU's defense, I was wondering about the opposite matchup. Two weekends ago in Tempe, San Diego State largely controlled the Sun Devils' offense and I'm curious as to how they were able to do that. I understand that SDSU has a Stanford-type clock-chewing ball control offense, which I suppose caused some of ASU's offensive problems that game, not allowing them to get into a good rhythm, etc. It's hard to imagine the Aztecs having terrific defensive personnel. Anyone have further insights on how SDSU had such defensive success vs ASU?
Didn't watch them against ASU but did against Stanford. SDSU is an above average defense and has been for quite some time. They get tremendous pressure on QB's and it comes from everywhere, a key feature of Rocky Long's 3-3-5 defense. Athletically, if you watched the game without knowing who was who, other than Love, you would have thought SDSU had the better athletes. That may have been a by-productive of scheme keeping Stanford's O lost and confused.

Using the transitive property is tough enough in college football, but using it with SDSU's defense is even more difficult because it is so unique in both formation and base coverages.
Thanks Grandpa. I'm sure the coaches will have looked at that SDSU-ASU game and gleaned whatever they could from it.