Did anyone notice Bohl's

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Did anyone notice Bohl's

Post by nogerO »

Reaction to Alie throwing into the end one on the next to last play? He was very pissed off and had to be restrained by one of his coaches. The feed cut away to Stanfords game right away so I didn't see if there were words between him and Willie at midfield?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Re: Did anyone notice Bohl's

Post by Alan »

nogerO wrote:Reaction to Alie throwing into the end one on the next to last play? He was very pissed off and had to be restrained by one of his coaches. The feed cut away to Stanfords game right away so I didn't see if there were words between him and Willie at midfield?
Bohl had a right to be pissed, bush move, I was wondering if Willie or Arroyo called that play. Bohl's assistant got him calmed down pretty quick, or at leas composed for the camera's. Yes the cut to the Stanford game pretty quick, no mid field hand shake.

On a side note, Stanford' coach Shaw and the wide receivers coach for San Diego St had some heated words leaving the field at halftime.....great tv! Lol
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

I was impressed with CBS Sports managing to get all three games in there without running over (Pac-12 network take note please) but I do wish they would have shown us the handshake.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dphi wrote:I was impressed with CBS Sports managing to get all three games in there without running over (Pac-12 network take note please) but I do wish they would have shown us the handshake.
I don't even see the old picture in picture function anymore which is perfect for lots of games at one time.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Duck07 wrote:
dphi wrote:I was impressed with CBS Sports managing to get all three games in there without running over (Pac-12 network take note please) but I do wish they would have shown us the handshake.
I don't even see the old picture in picture function anymore which is perfect for lots of games at one time.
My Dishnetwork box has it, but I didn't like the way it worked years ago and haven't tried it since. Maybe I should give it another shot, maybe they've improved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
nogerO wrote:Reaction to Alie throwing into the end one on the next to last play? He was very pissed off and had to be restrained by one of his coaches. The feed cut away to Stanfords game right away so I didn't see if there were words between him and Willie at midfield?
Bohl had a right to be pissed, bush move, I was wondering if Willie or Arroyo called that play. Bohl's assistant got him calmed down pretty quick, or at leas composed for the camera's. Yes the cut to the Stanford game pretty quick, no mid field hand shake.

On a side note, Stanford' coach Shaw and the wide receivers coach for San Diego St had some heated words leaving the field at halftime.....great tv! Lol
It was the same read option play we had run 4 plays in a row, just Alie decided to throw it. If a coach is mad so what? Like WT said he's trying to teach the team how to finish, it has nothing to do with Wyoming. For those that don't understand what being a Harbaugh decibel is, it's not giving a crap what other coaches or people think. It's only being focused on winning and teaching your team how to win. My guess is Willie is going to piss off some people along the way, and he doesn't care. All you have to do is read about his conversation with Scott Frost after the Bulls destroyed UCF, and you'll understand WT is out to win, and not take his foot off the throttle until the final horn.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Did anyone notice Bohl's

Post by srduck »

Based on Willie's response, to a question about Bohl being upset which was something along the lines of 'I only worry about my team etc. ' I am guessing it might have been Arroyo and Willie did not want to discuss it. Frankly it seems the media made more of it than anything. I am not a fan of that kind of thing and don't think there was any real intent to rub it in. This stuff happens and it only fuels the media fire and nothing else. I always remember the old quote from Jimmy Johnson when another coach accused him of running up
The score. He said 'if you don't like what we're doing , stop it'. I will say that Wyo did have a few of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties last night.

As for Shaw, yeah, he gets very testy. I have seen him
With the Bay Area media and he can get pretty snarky. I did not see the exchange with him and the SD coach but Shaw is known to be a bit steely.

Every coach gets accused of this stuff at one time or another and usually it's nothing more than heat of the moment stuff. If it happens multiple times then yes, there would be reason for concern. It does not strike me that WT would do this purposely. Last year at Autzen though many were saying this exact thing about Petersen and the Dawgs where it seemed like UW was doing it.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It's not my job to stop my team- Chip Kelly
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:

It was the same read option play we had run 4 plays in a row, just Alie decided to throw it. If a coach is mad so what? Like WT said he's trying to teach the team how to finish, it has nothing to do with Wyoming. For those that don't understand what being a Harbaugh decibel is, it's not giving a crap what other coaches or people think. It's only being focused on winning and teaching your team how to win. My guess is Willie is going to piss off some people along the way, and he doesn't care. All you have to do is read about his conversation with Scott Frost after the Bulls destroyed UCF, and you'll understand WT is out to win, and not take his foot off the throttle until the final horn.
great points Buckmark!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Did anyone notice Bohl's

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Yeah that was stupid the way their coach reacted. Meanwhile he had an offensive lineman that violently tackled Dye well after the play when he intercepted it and he still played him the next series. Only time he actually got pissed at an unsportsmanlike conduct was when it actually cost them. I heard he's such a classy coach but I didn't see that last night. And how can you freakin get upset at Willie for that? He's just coaching his team, and it's not like they scored! He should've been proud of his team for stopping the effort to "run up the score", but get pissed at Willie. Bowl seemed like a real jerk last night from my perspective and Wyoming seemed pretty classless.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

"Scott told me after the game he respected our team, but he’d remember that last touchdown,” Taggart said. “I told him, ‘Me too. I’ll remember it.’”
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I don't see the issue with having the backups actually try to run the offense. If the backups are "running up the score" against you, you should be angry at your own performance.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:

Is a Harbaugh decibel that thing that happens when Harbaugh yells?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

The camera also showed Willie T. and, I believe, Coach Woodie laughing with each other right after the play. I'd guess it was intentional.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

ifuwant2 wrote:The camera also showed Willie T. and, I believe, Coach Woodie laughing with each other right after the play. I'd guess it was intentional.
not quite sure how that conclusion could be drawn. It was the end of the game and as buck mark pointed out they had run the same play 3 times. We'll likely never know what really transpired and why a pass was thrown but at this point there is probably too much analysis going on. probably best to move on unless as stated previously there is a trend.