Did anyone notice Bohl's

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Re: Did anyone notice Bohl's

Post by Groundswell »

srduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:The camera also showed Willie T. and, I believe, Coach Woodie laughing with each other right after the play. I'd guess it was intentional.
not quite sure how that conclusion could be drawn. It was the end of the game and as buck mark pointed out they had run the same play 3 times. We'll likely never know what really transpired and why a pass was thrown but at this point there is probably too much analysis going on. probably best to move on unless as stated previously there is a trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's fair to guess a pass to the end zone with 8 seconds left was probably intentional if the head coach was laughing about it right after the play. Even if my guess is wrong, the coach thought something about it was funny. He certainly wasn't worried about the perception of running up the score.

PS. I don't care if Willie was trying to run up the score or not. He has reasons for making a decision like that.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Having talked to some friends that went to the game, they said there was a lot more dirty hits that you couldn't see on tv. Also Wyoming fans were a bunch of pricks, so given these facts I don't see why any UO fan would be upset with WT.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Having talked to some friends that went to the game, they said there was a lot more dirty hits that you couldn't see on tv. Also Wyoming fans were a bunch of pricks, so given these facts I don't see why any UO fan would be upset with WT.
Buck Mark- I heard the same from some who were there as well. Couple of people I spoke to said they were out on Friday night at dinner and SOME of the fans were pretty snarky. A common theme seemed to be that the 'abominable Oregon defense' would have no answers for Allen. Also referred to the Ducks as a has been team. I get it that there will always be those kinds of fans but I honestly live by the credo that's its best to be quiet till after the game. Not saying a good idea to talk smack then but it's easier after you have won.

snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

Jokes on the pokes, they tossed around the idea of getting rid of football a few years back when the bottom fell out of the oil economy because its such a money suck without much to show for it.
BOOF it!
UofDuck
Senior

Did anyone notice Bohl's

Post by UofDuck »

ifuwant2 wrote:
srduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:The camera also showed Willie T. and, I believe, Coach Woodie laughing with each other right after the play. I'd guess it was intentional.
not quite sure how that conclusion could be drawn. It was the end of the game and as buck mark pointed out they had run the same play 3 times. We'll likely never know what really transpired and why a pass was thrown but at this point there is probably too much analysis going on. probably best to move on unless as stated previously there is a trend.

I think it's fair to guess a pass to the end zone with 8 seconds left was probably intentional if the head coach was laughing about it right after the play. Even if my guess is wrong, the coach thought something about it was funny. He certainly wasn't worried about the perception of running up the score.

PS. I don't care if Willie was trying to run up the score or not. He has reasons for making a decision like that.
You are jumping to conclusions, its highly likely its run/pass option read for Alie to make. He made the pass. Or, Arroyo called the play. The laughing might have been, "Alie (or Arroyo) just caused us some explaining we'll have to do after the game". Who knows? And that's the point, none of us do. Maybe Willey wanted Alie to gain some experience with a winding down clock. The thing is, he is a back-up and it's up to the other team to stop him. Herbert throwing that pass is a different story. I don't get the big issue here.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Arroyo doesn't call plays.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Arroyo doesn't call plays.
I believe he actually does some play calling.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

UofDuck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
srduck wrote:

You are jumping to conclusions, its highly likely its run/pass option read for Alie to make. He made the pass. Or, Arroyo called the play. The laughing might have been, "Alie (or Arroyo) just caused us some explaining we'll have to do after the game". Who knows? And that's the point, none of us do. Maybe Willey wanted Alie to gain some experience with a winding down clock. The thing is, he is a back-up and it's up to the other team to stop him. Herbert throwing that pass is a different story. I don't get the big issue here.
It's not an issue for me. I don't care if the coach is running it up. But there's 8 seconds left. All you have to do is take a knee. Not jumping to any conclusion. Coach wants to be a good sport, take a knee. I don't think it's a real issue. Just the circumstance seems pretty plain.