Ducks ranked 24th

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Ducks ranked 24th

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has made their return to the land of the ranked after being ranked 24th in both the coaches and AP polls.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Ducks ranked 24th

Post by Phalanx »

I remember back in the Bill Musgrave days we got so excited when the ducks were ranked #24. Now, we just view it as a rung on the ladder to where the ducks belong.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Seems about right. Let's see if we can keep it up in conference play.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

karlhungis wrote:Seems about right. Let's see if we can keep it up in conference play.
Should be clear sailing until wazzu
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think people on this board are overlooking Cal a little too much. I guess we'll find out what they're really made of next Sat when they host USC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I think people on this board are overlooking Cal a little too much. I guess we'll find out what they're really made of next Sat when they host USC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They still are giving up a whopping 501 yds a game, and they haven't played any offensive juggernauts. While they are improved I think they are a bit overrated by lots of folks actually.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Cal is solidly mediocre. What's surprising is that Stanford is right there with them. Add in UCLA and Utah, and you have the lower middle of the conference.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

StevensTechU wrote:Cal is solidly mediocre. What's surprising is that Stanford is right there with them. Add in UCLA and Utah, and you have the lower middle of the conference.
I still can't accept that Stanford is as bad as they have been. I'm sure they will have it together by the time we play them.
OregonFan4life -
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Have you seen Soloman Thomas play for the 49ers? He's a beast, and Stanford doesn't have anyone close to that, and their QB play sucks. I think they are as bad as they look.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:Have you seen Soloman Thomas play for the 49ers? He's a beast, and Stanford doesn't have anyone close to that, and their QB play sucks. I think they are as bad as they look.
That dline has scary potential.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm in full agreement with buckmarkduck. Bryce Love is the one good looking part of their offense, and they completely depend on his big plays to score. That'll work 1-2 times a game, but it won't be enough to keep up with most opponents.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:I remember back in the Bill Musgrave days we got so excited when the ducks were ranked #24. Now, we just view it as a rung on the ladder to where the ducks belong.
I don't know, it's still pretty exciting to me considering how last season went down.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I remember back in the Bill Musgrave days we got so excited when the ducks were ranked #24. Now, we just view it as a rung on the ladder to where the ducks belong.
I don't know, it's still pretty exciting to me considering how last season went down.
It feels like the team is earning it this time around. Not getting it based off of past performance. It's certainly more entertaining to see them get it this way.
OregonFan4life -
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Zyme wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Seems about right. Let's see if we can keep it up in conference play.
Should be clear sailing until wazzu
ASU is going to be a dog fight and Cal is better than you think.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I remember looking in the newspaper and being excited as they crept up "others receiving votes". :mrgreen: