The power man running scheme

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: The power man running scheme

Post by duckduckgoose »

dphi wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote: Lack of execution in the second half will be a real concern going forward. Oregon will not have the luxury of large leads every game. It is a serious concern.
I look forward to seeing the Ducks against a better offensive team to see how they handle a closer second half. It could very well be complacency and comfort with a lead that's to blame, in which case a more even match up should provide some answers.
This is my thinking as well. A very young team goes into the half with a 28 point lead every game, comes out flat and takes a few lumps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duckenstein wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:I know several have complained about the 2 yards and a cloud of dust that happens from time to time with it, but we lead the nation in rushing TD's. I think we're really seeing the benefits of it(as well as simply having Royce) in the red zone, whereas last year, and even under Chip, we often struggled in those situations.

Obviously it's hurt us a bit as far as consistency running the ball vs the Greatwood system, but inside the 10 it's been great so far.
I see an offense trying to assert it's run game, and largely succeeding.

Look at the fellas Cristobal is recruiting on the OL. He wants big powerful guys up front to push the LOS

I loved chips offenses, but they relied on screen passes to set up the izr. This offense just pounds it
I'm starting to think that this is what's happening on offense. Taggart and Cristobal are trying to send a message to their guys, the line especially, that to win with the style we want to play with, you have to be able to impose your will on the other team. And in games where we have a comfortable lead we're going to run the same dive up the middle until they figure it out. It's something totally foreign to the players but something they have to learn if they want to be able to run the ball against quality teams.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Offensively we are slightly worse statistically overall than last season so far in most yardage categories, but the RZ efficiency has meant a solid boost in scoring offense.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Redzone efficiency is all about the offensive line. The year of maturation and getting Crosby back is why that has gone up. In the Chip and Helfrich years, the redzone efficiency rose and fell with the quality of the center/guards year over year.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Redzone efficiency is all about the offensive line. The year of maturation and getting Crosby back is why that has gone up. In the Chip and Helfrich years, the redzone efficiency rose and fell with the quality of the center/guards year over year.
Absolutely, strong correlation.