Royce

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Royce

Post by UOducksTK1 »

-Already has the same amount of touchdowns (9) in three games this year vs all last season.
-Has rushed for at least 150 yards and 2 touchdowns every game this year.
-He also has 109 receiving yards (He had 144 all year last season).
-Has officially entered Heisman talks (Yes it's early but still cool: http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Royce

Post by Phenom »

I called him soft before the year started...I was wrong.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:I called him soft before the year started...I was wrong.
I called him soft last year.. Didn't know he had a sternum injury which would explain everything.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Phenom wrote:I called him soft before the year started...I was wrong.
I called him soft last year.. Didn't know he had a sternum injury which would explain everything.
Sternum, shoulder, growing, hamstring and some sort of quad injury I heard a buddy saying something about.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I worry about the workload and him slowing down as the season wears on. He’s on pace for an ungodly amount of carries and we saw him wear down at the end of his freshman and sophomore seasons. I know he’s in better shape so hopefully that helps but 27 carries per game heading into the meat of the schedule is unsustainable.
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

My question is if Taggart is going to give a ton of carries to a RB like this, why is he still recruiting smaller backs?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck4Ever wrote:My question is if Taggart is going to give a ton of carries to a RB like this, why is he still recruiting smaller backs?
I think he's running him for the awards that he can get and I don't think some of our other FR backs are small such as CJ Verdell. Though I do buy in to the premise that some of those runs up the middle in the 2nd half have been the coaches trying to change the mindset of the players to become more smashmouth with the run game. IE, we don't care if you know where the play is going, we're going to out work you and get the yards.

Right now he's tied with LMJ for most rushing TD's, yeah? I think that means he's 7 away from Ken Simonton and being #1 in the P12.
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

Duck07 wrote:
Duck4Ever wrote:My question is if Taggart is going to give a ton of carries to a RB like this, why is he still recruiting smaller backs?
I think he's running him for the awards that he can get and I don't think some of our other FR backs are small such as CJ Verdell. Though I do buy in to the premise that some of those runs up the middle in the 2nd half have been the coaches trying to change the mindset of the players to become more smashmouth with the run game. IE, we don't care if you know where the play is going, we're going to out work you and get the yards.

Right now he's tied with LMJ for most rushing TD's, yeah? I think that means he's 7 away from Ken Simonton and being #1 in the P12.
I didn't say current players. The RB from NC coming in next year is the type I am talking about. Same for S. Dollars.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck4Ever wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

I didn't say current players. The RB from NC coming in next year is the type I am talking about. Same for S. Dollars.
I think you'll see them cool on Dollars for this very reason. Elliott (the RB out of NC) is very slight, and wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the slot in college.