Oregon @ Stanford (Oct. 14, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Oregon @ Stanford (Oct. 14, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Post by lukeyrid13 »

They have their backup QB and a true frosh TE out there, I don't mind it.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Bigwaved wrote:Actually, prick doesn't do enough justice. He is worse than that.
You are smoking something funky. Dude has an 80% winning percentage. He is a GREAT coach. Quit being jealous.
You are unable to comprehend what you read. I don't think it is drugs, I think you are just lacking ability.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Burmeister fumbles again while trying to keep his balance. Another FR mistake. Think Willie is going to keep playing him simply because he has no other options.
joepat
One Star Recruit

Post by joepat »

First time in Stanford territory in the 2nd half!

I understand how the offense has been crippled by not having a quarterback who can reliably pass. But I don't understand what is ailing the defense today. Is Stanford that good offensively?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

could Burmeister be any worse? ugh
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

The one dimensional game will kill you almost every time.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Outscored in two games 83-17. Don't know what to say.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is basically where they were in 2007 after Dixon got injured and they could no longer cover up any of their glaring depth, talent, and injury issues.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

rockthief wrote:Outscored in two games 83-17. Don't know what to say.
No qb. No passing threat. No chance to score consistently. The defense isn't good enough to keep up with that.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon is basically where they were in 2007 after Dixon got injured and they could no longer cover up any of their glaring depth, talent, and injury issues.
Agreed.

In both instances, our team looked completely different without the all around depth and the QB play namely. I'm not gonna call for the coaches to be fired or anything. Look at Alie's first throw against Cal or his first attempt tonight and all of Braxton's attempts. The talent is just not there, at all.

We could be more inventive on say 3rd and 2 but there's only so much we can do with awful QB play.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Oregon is basically where they were in 2007 after Dixon got injured and they could no longer cover up any of their glaring depth, talent, and injury issues.
Agreed.

In both instances, our team looked completely different without the all around depth and the QB play namely. I'm not gonna call for the coaches to be fired or anything. Look at Alie's first throw against Cal or his first attempt tonight and all of Braxton's attempts. The talent is just not there, at all.

We could be more inventive on say 3rd and 2 but there's only so much we can do with awful QB play.
Oregon entered the season with around 75 scholarship players but with around 5-8 injured and another 9 still redshirting, they're basically playing with around 60 scholarship players. They had a few more injuries tonight so they are just getting more depleted by the game.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Vegas had it at 10.5. Who says Vegas knows what they are talking about. Ducks win civil war, and only because it is at Autzen. No other wins that I see. Unless another team is absolutely horrible at stacking the box, and stopping the run. Just happy UW lost.
Last edited by Everythingsducky on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

We can thank Herbert’s boneheaded injury for this. I know some want to give him sympathy, but his injury was his own fault and the team is really hurting because of it. He simply cannot make these sort of mistakes as a starting QB, it’ll also hurt his draft stock. Sucks to see the offense not exist in the second half. It’s hard watching these games.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Hosted a family dinner tonight, so couldn't watch the game. Sounds like we picked right up from where we left off against WSU. Dang.

Did Nelson or Mitchell play? If so, did they matter AT ALL?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

OregonFan4Life wrote:We can thank Herbert’s boneheaded injury for this. I know some want to give him sympathy, but his injury was his own fault and the team is really hurting because of it. He simply cannot make these sort of mistakes as a starting QB, it’ll also hurt his draft stock. Sucks to see the offense not exist in the second half. It’s hard watching these games.
If you saw the play, it was more of a fluke. He was down in the end zone, and got hit. Can’t prevent those, and if that is the offense you run...not his fault.