Fans Leaving Early

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah halfway through the Chip era, the crowd levels started declining (with the exception of a few games). I think a combination of ridiculously priced tickets and fans getting so used to blowing teams out and not having to get heavily involved in the game.

But in terms of leaving early. I'll leave a little early to beat traffic unless it's an extremely close game. But early is usually like with a few minutes left. Not with a whole quarter left, that's just lame.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Everythingsducky wrote:Get that idiot Larry Scott to schedule earlier games, and there is no conversation. He is the genesis of these late games, call him out. When a large amount of commuters from the Portland area expect to get home at 2am for late games, what do you expect? It’s not like people in eastern time zones are watching PAC 12 games as late as they are anyways. As a Duck season ticket holder for 40 years, I’m sick and tired of these late games. Keep scheduling these late games, and soon there will be empty stadiums. After 40 years, I’m considering giving up my seats with this bullshit.
That ‘idiot’ Larry Scott is responsible for just about every good thing that is happening in the Pac-12 at this point. A lot of these games wouldn’t be on TV at all if the idiot wasn’t in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

You realize a TV deal would have been done no matter who was in his role right?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Get that idiot Larry Scott to schedule earlier games, and there is no conversation. He is the genesis of these late games, call him out. When a large amount of commuters from the Portland area expect to get home at 2am for late games, what do you expect? It’s not like people in eastern time zones are watching PAC 12 games as late as they are anyways. As a Duck season ticket holder for 40 years, I’m sick and tired of these late games. Keep scheduling these late games, and soon there will be empty stadiums. After 40 years, I’m considering giving up my seats with this bullshit.
That ‘idiot’ Larry Scott is responsible for just about every good thing that is happening in the Pac-12 at this point. A lot of these games wouldn’t be on TV at all if the idiot wasn’t in charge.
He is an idiot. He did the first conference deal and people we're like WOW and then everyone used our figure as a baseline and got better deals. Further, the conference network sucks, commentators of our games are openly criticizing the start times and half the conference on a given week is playing after 10pm est and yes, people aren't watching as many games that late at night.

Our fans have given reasons why they hate the late starts and when our biggest population base is 2.5 hours away, it's a legitimate complaint about these late starts. Further, this thread's intended aim is about as effective as telling a woman the C-word. Calm down.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
He is an idiot. He did the first conference deal and people we're like WOW and then everyone used our figure as a baseline and got better deals. Further, the conference network sucks, commentators of our games are openly criticizing the start times and half the conference on a given week is playing after 10pm est and yes, people aren't watching as many games that late at night.

Our fans have given reasons why they hate the late starts and when our biggest population base is 2.5 hours away, it's a legitimate complaint about these late starts. Further, this thread's intended aim is about as effective as telling a woman the C-word. Calm down.
lol never in my life has it taken me 2.5 hours to get to eugene from anywhere in the portland metro area
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Get that idiot Larry Scott to schedule earlier games, and there is no conversation. He is the genesis of these late games, call him out. When a large amount of commuters from the Portland area expect to get home at 2am for late games, what do you expect?
I came here to post just this. Autzen in it's heyday was hosting mostly noon kick games. The occasional night game (USC on Halloween) is one thing but at some point the constant night games are going to kill the atmosphere.
That's funny, down here it is the other way around. Day games are not preferred by fans here and the energy in the stadium is way low during day games.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I feel a lot of teams are experiencing fans leaving early or not even showing up. The at home experience is so good now with better quality TV that it becoming much easier for even die hard fans to opt to stay home.

I know down here our stadium has been embarrassingly empty lately
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Apparently some players were giving props to the fans that stayed (aka passively calling out the fans that left early)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Apparently some players were giving props to the fans that stayed (aka passively calling out the fans that left early)
As they should.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Juice wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Apparently some players were giving props to the fans that stayed (aka passively calling out the fans that left early)
As they should.
Slippery slope for players to start calling out fans getting a jump on their long ass commute home for a game that’s out of hand. Ask the NFL how alienating half their fan base is working out for them.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck24 wrote:
Juice wrote:
As they should.
Slippery slope for players to start calling out fans getting a jump on their long ass commute home for a game that’s out of hand. Ask the NFL how alienating half their fan base is working out for them.
The average NFL's fan IQ went up, though.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Juice wrote:
As they should.
The average NFL's fan IQ went up, though.
:lol: Well played. Not to stray too far from topic, but now that Goodell sent out that letter yesterday pissing off the other side of the aisle, I’ll be curious to see these next few weeks ratings wise.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Juice wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

lol never in my life has it taken me 2.5 hours to get to eugene from anywhere in the portland metro area
Took me 3 hours to get from Tualitan to Eugene for the Cal game.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm kind of old school in that I don't believe fans should ever leave early unless it's either a massive blowout or you're unprepared for bad weather to the point you're absolutely miserable.

But if it's raining, bring a poncho! And if it's a season like this one, temper those expectations! If you really don't want to go, gift your tickets to a friend who otherwise couldn't afford them.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

pezsez1 wrote:I'm kind of old school in that I don't believe fans should ever leave early unless it's either a massive blowout or you're unprepared for bad weather to the point you're absolutely miserable.

But if it's raining, bring a poncho! And if it's a season like this one, temper those expectations! If you really don't want to go, gift your tickets to a friend who otherwise couldn't afford them.
Does 33-10 in the 4th quarter when the offense can’t run or pass the ball meet your requirements to leave early?