Alie?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Alie?

Post by Alan »

We didn't see him last week, please don't start bashing him, this is not about your opinion of him. Is he out with a concussion or did Willie just put it all on Braxton? Did anyone see if Alie was suited up?
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Alie?

Post by srduck »

Word is he did not pass the concussion protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by srduck on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Re: Alie?

Post by Groundswell »

Everything I've read said Alie was "unavailable" to play. I think Willie even said so himself in an interview. The speculation was Alie didn't pass concussion protocol. If he was available, I expect he would have gotten into the game at some point.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thank you! to both of you!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If that's the case, somebody messed up by letting him practice.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

I was out of town last week and missed the normal practice reports. Is it possible to throw passes and run some drills even when going through concussion recovery? The more important thing I would imagine is to avoid the contact that would obviously be dangerous?? Does anybody really know what Alie did or was it just propaganda from Moseley?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Jesseisabeast wrote:I was out of town last week and missed the normal practice reports. Is it possible to throw passes and run some drills even when going through concussion recovery? The more important thing I would imagine is to avoid the contact that would obviously be dangerous?? Does anybody really know what Alie did or was it just propaganda from Moseley?
You are not allowed to practice period if you have been diagnosed or show signs until a doctor has cleared you. You can also develop symptoms afterwards that don't show initially. I just find it highly suspect that he practiced on Tuesday and Wednesday but wasn't able to play Saturday unless he had some kind or surgery for his knocked out teeth. If he was not out with a concussion then I'd sure like to know.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Pretty sure Mitchell was allowed to practice without contact,. So maybe the rule has changed on concussions.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Jesseisabeast wrote:I was out of town last week and missed the normal practice reports. Is it possible to throw passes and run some drills even when going through concussion recovery? The more important thing I would imagine is to avoid the contact that would obviously be dangerous?? Does anybody really know what Alie did or was it just propaganda from Moseley?
He was doing non-contact drills. I noticed in some of the video he was moving at less than half speed while other quarterbacks were moving normally. I'd be shocked if the trainers weren't following protocol to the letter. There are cameras and people watching and concussions are a big story.