Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by droop10 »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote: It’s not just with Herbert out. Even when he was healthy, they got beat in the second half. It is a disturbing trend. Go back and look at stats. I don’t give a sh*t if they were up a ton. They are not coming out of halftime ready, and adjusted. The foes are making adjustments, UO isn’t. Plain and simple.
This is my concern too. With Chip, we'd almost always win the 2nd half. With Willie, don't think we've won it since Southern Utah. That and his awful 3rd and 4th down play calling is a disturbing trend.

These are things you look at in great coaches and we had that with Chip. Right now I'd take Bellotti over Taggart any day of the week.

Enough with the Burmeister excuses.
I never really understood the Bellotti love affair you older duck fans have. I remember back in middle school us getting our teeth kicked in at home vs Arizona. Best thing he ever did was find chip and the "what could have been" season. Please educate me on this....
To those of us who sat in Autzen during the "70's, when the Ducks were 36-83-1 by a quick count, including FOUR 2-9 seasons, Bellotti and comparative football was a blessing.
Okay thank you sir.... So people would take that over the potential taggart has with his recruiting classes...
How many years has either USC or ND had Top recruiting class but failed to show results.
Sort of irrelevant, unless you're arguing that Taggart is currently underachieving with top recruiting classes. Taggart has a history of turning around programs in year 3, yet we want to pretend he has never proven to be a decent head coach and judge him based on year 1 after one recruiting class (which can't even be considered a full class as he had about one month to recruit them.). The expectations of some Duck fans now are absurd.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Out coached once again after halftime. This is getting ridiculous. Almost every game, the Ducks have been beaten after half. It is getting to be a joke.
Not hard to do with a roster like this and your starting QB is out... Thank god helfs not here still my god it would be 60-0
It’s not just with Herbert out. Even when he was healthy, they got beat in the second half. It is a disturbing trend. Go back and look at stats. I don’t give a sh*t if they were up a ton. They are not coming out of halftime ready, and adjusted. The foes are making adjustments, UO isn’t. Plain and simple.
This is my concern too. With Chip, we'd almost always win the 2nd half. With Willie, don't think we've won it since Southern Utah. That and his awful 3rd and 4th down play calling is a disturbing trend.

These are things you look at in great coaches and we had that with Chip. Right now I'd take Bellotti over Taggart any day of the week.

You've argued this before, but you're wrong. We beat Cal in the second half and ASU. Chip had lots of second halfs that didn't finish on a strong note. Just in 2012 alone we got shut out in the second half twice(ASU, Stanford) and out scored by 5 different opponents that year includeinf Ark St and Fresno St, and somehow tied a horrible Colorado team 14-14 in the second half.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Yes, the stars are high with his recruiting class (nobody knows what the end result of this cycles class will be if the Ducks continue to lose), but you can’t ultimately judge the recruiting class for a few years anyway. It will come down to what he does with these classes. Bellotti always recruited lower stars and coached them up, and in most cases, over achieved. Time will tell if Taggart is a good in-game coach, and coaches them up at UO. Hoping for the best, obviously. The 2nd halves still bother me. And 4 TD’s in the last 3 games is crazy.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Out coached once again after halftime. This is getting ridiculous. Almost every game, the Ducks have been beaten after half. It is getting to be a joke.
Not hard to do with a roster like this and your starting QB is out... Thank god helfs not here still my god it would be 60-0
It’s not just with Herbert out. Even when he was healthy, they got beat in the second half. It is a disturbing trend. Go back and look at stats. I don’t give a sh*t if they were up a ton. They are not coming out of halftime ready, and adjusted. The foes are making adjustments, UO isn’t. Plain and simple.
Whatever dude

The roster is in shambles, you don't have anything to go by
Excuse. Every team has injuries. Mora just spoke of all of their injuries to his DL, linebackers out, etc. quit being an apologist. The Ducks are losing the 2nd half of games. Prove me wrong. It was tied at halftime today, and they get smoked in the 2nd half. Are you not watching the same game I am?
Enjoy your bitchfest

This team is going to get better throughout the year and by next year they will compete

Jury is still out on taggart in game prowess but he deserves a shot to show what he can do
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote: It’s not just with Herbert out. Even when he was healthy, they got beat in the second half. It is a disturbing trend. Go back and look at stats. I don’t give a sh*t if they were up a ton. They are not coming out of halftime ready, and adjusted. The foes are making adjustments, UO isn’t. Plain and simple.

I never really understood the Bellotti love affair you older duck fans have. I remember back in middle school us getting our teeth kicked in at home vs Arizona. Best thing he ever did was find chip and the "what could have been" season. Please educate me on this....
To those of us who sat in Autzen during the "70's, when the Ducks were 36-83-1 by a quick count, including FOUR 2-9 seasons, Bellotti and comparative football was a blessing.
Okay thank you sir.... So people would take that over the potential taggart has with his recruiting classes...
Not even close to what I said. Just because one person said that doesn't mean others share that opinion.
It had nothing to do with you I just thanked you for answering my question I don't know where you saw that at but maybe I should have put some instead of So.
Return Of the Quack!
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:

How many years has either USC or ND had Top recruiting class but failed to show results.
How many seasons has Taggart had of HIS top recruiting classes? This back and forth can go on and on and on but either way Taggart is getting at least 2-3 years whether you like it or not so you might as well get comfortable. If after 2-3 years and we are .500 or worse every year then fine I was wrong but you nor I can can predict if this was a good hire or not.
Return Of the Quack!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Supposed to be a running play? That's a pretty big mistake from the QB.
It was supposed to be a shovel pass. Essentially a run play. BB was trying to turn it into a big play. Should have shoved it off to Royce who would follow Crosby upfield.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

ifuwant2 wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:Supposed to be a running play? That's a pretty big mistake from the QB.
It was supposed to be a shovel pass. Essentially a run play. BB was trying to turn it into a big play. Should have shoved it off to Royce who would follow Crosby upfield.
A bit of arrogance here by Burmeister. Hope he got castigated. I understand that he is young and all but this mistake was uncalled for.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I appreciate the way Taggart handles his players but part of me wonders if Braxton needs more of a tough coach right now. Obviously we don’t know what it’s like in the locker room, but I don’t see any indicator that Braxon is learning and has the humility to adjust. He keeps throwing those stupid deep sideline passes that are hurting his team instead of making safer and smarter plays and he continues to be way too overconfident in his running ability and abandons team plays to make a one man move. I know he’s a kid and will grow, but I continue with my stance that he will never be a legit starting QB for a P5 team and this is why. I wonder if a Mike Leach style might work better for him.