Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon looks to break their 2-game losing streak against a struggling UCLA.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Don't know what it means for this week, but Mosely said Herbert was suited up and throwing at practice.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

6-8 weeks recovery time for his injury, even if to his non-throwing side, would be a bit too fast to get him back. Maybe they want to see how well he's recovering?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon breaks their 2-game losing streak against a struggling UCLA.
There, that is better.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

hjpop wrote:6-8 weeks recovery time for his injury, even if to his non-throwing side, would be a bit too fast to get him back. Maybe they want to see how well he's recovering?
It was 4-6 weeks, and I've seen media people saying they think he'll be back for Utah.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
hjpop wrote:6-8 weeks recovery time for his injury, even if to his non-throwing side, would be a bit too fast to get him back. Maybe they want to see how well he's recovering?
It was 4-6 weeks, and I've seen media people saying they think he'll be back for Utah.
Yeah I’m very confident he’ll be back for Utah. I have a new inside source that gives me injury info, basically this info comes straight from a team doctor, and based on timelines I’ve heard, I’m confident he’ll be back for Utah. Of course doctors never give specifics, but let’s just say there’s plenty of optimism within the program that Herbert will be back for Utah.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

That's good. I thought I heard 6-8 so was worried they were potentially rushing it again (ala Dixon). I'm still a bit wary of the idea of playing him when he's just coming off a rest but maybe warming him up and prepping him again would help this week and getting him in rhythm for Utah.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

hjpop wrote:That's good. I thought I heard 6-8 so was worried they were potentially rushing it again (ala Dixon). I'm still a bit wary of the idea of playing him when he's just coming off a rest but maybe warming him up and prepping him again would help this week and getting him in rhythm for Utah.
Haha, they didn't "rush" Dixon back. He had a partial tear in his ACL, it was either done for the season or see how long they can run it. Not really the same situation at all besides a QB having an injury.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

We have owned UCLA since the QB debacle in about 2006 or so. Just don't see us losing this game. They are giving up 300 yds rushing per game and over 500 yds total offense. They have no rushing game so hopefully we go after Rosen all day and make his life miserable. Always fun watching Mora melt down on TV.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

The good news is the game starts at 1, so no dealing with "PAC 12 after dark" and it's the first game on the PAC 12 network for the day........will get to see the whole game and be able to stay awake for all of it. I think this is a win for the Ducks this weekend.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I just don't know how we can win with our current "run it up the middle and get a flag on every decent gain" offense we are employing.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Sorry guys, but we will not win this game. If BB can't throw simple 5/10-yard routes by now, he's not going to magically develop that ability with just another week of practice. He's just not ready yet.

This is one of those weekends to focus on your beer and barbecue choices.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:Sorry guys, but we will not win this game. If BB can't throw simple 5/10-yard routes by now, he's not going to magically develop that ability with just another week of practice. He's just not ready yet.

Agreed. I think this game could be close and low scoring if the defense shows up early and gets pressure on Rosen, but without Herbert, we may have a couple of scoring drives, but we won’t have enough consistency on offense to win UNLESS the defense forces turnovers, and lots of them. While the defense has played great, they haven’t forced very many turnovers since PAC-12 play started.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Sorry guys, but we will not win this game. If BB can't throw simple 5/10-yard routes by now, he's not going to magically develop that ability with just another week of practice. He's just not ready yet.

Agreed. I think this game could be close and low scoring if the defense shows up early and gets pressure on Rosen, but without Herbert, we may have a couple of scoring drives, but we won’t have enough consistency on offense to win UNLESS the defense forces turnovers, and lots of them. While the defense has played great, they haven’t forced very many turnovers since PAC-12 play started.
Yeah, I'm ready for our defense to get a pick-6