Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: Oregon @ UCLA (Oct. 21, Sat 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Duckenstein »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Out coached once again after halftime. This is getting ridiculous. Almost every game, the Ducks have been beaten after half. It is getting to be a joke.
Not hard to do with a roster like this and your starting QB is out... Thank god helfs not here still my god it would be 60-0
It’s not just with Herbert out. Even when he was healthy, they got beat in the second half. It is a disturbing trend. Go back and look at stats. I don’t give a sh*t if they were up a ton. They are not coming out of halftime ready, and adjusted. The foes are making adjustments, UO isn’t. Plain and simple.
Whatever dude

The roster is in shambles, you don't have anything to go by
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:Out coached once again after halftime. This is getting ridiculous. Almost every game, the Ducks have been beaten after half. It is getting to be a joke.
Not hard to do with a roster like this and your starting QB is out... Thank god helfs not here still my god it would be 60-0
It’s not just with Herbert out. Even when he was healthy, they got beat in the second half. It is a disturbing trend. Go back and look at stats. I don’t give a sh*t if they were up a ton. They are not coming out of halftime ready, and adjusted. The foes are making adjustments, UO isn’t. Plain and simple.
This is my concern too. With Chip, we'd almost always win the 2nd half. With Willie, don't think we've won it since Southern Utah. That and his awful 3rd and 4th down play calling is a disturbing trend.

These are things you look at in great coaches and we had that with Chip. Right now I'd take Bellotti over Taggart any day of the week.

Enough with the Burmeister excuses.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
This is my concern too. With Chip, we'd almost always win the 2nd half. With Willie, don't think we've won it since Southern Utah. That and his awful 3rd and 4th down play calling is a disturbing trend.

These are things you look at in great coaches and we had that with Chip. Right now I'd take Bellotti over Taggart any day of the week.

It's not as if the play calling on 4th is much different than it was under Chip or Helfrich. I would say 90% of the time the call was read option. The difference was the execution was better then, which could be chalked up to a new system, still relatively young OL, true frosh QB that limits the threat of a pass, etc.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:

Taggart has more upside potential than Bellotti. I'm willing to give the guy a couple years to get his recruits in here. Hopefully he hires a offensive "analyst" this offseason.
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

greenyellow wrote:And Schneider misses a chippy FG. Back to having poor kicking.
That kid has had a pretty great college kicking career. Everyone has a bad day.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

How many dumb plays did Chip call? A LOT.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Duckenstein wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
Whatever dude

The roster is in shambles, you don't have anything to go by
Excuse. Every team has injuries. Mora just spoke of all of their injuries to his DL, linebackers out, etc. quit being an apologist. The Ducks are losing the 2nd half of games. Prove me wrong. It was tied at halftime today, and they get smoked in the 2nd half. Are you not watching the same game I am?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mrpd21 wrote:How many dumb plays did Chip call? A LOT.
Hopefully everyone remembers the 2009 BSU, 2010 NC and 2012 Stanford games to see how stubborn he could get. Plus, when he was coaching, the conference was absolutely garbage besides Oregon and Stanford. If he was coaching now, I don't think he'd be having the same kind of success.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:

I never really understood the Bellotti love affair you older duck fans have. I remember back in middle school us getting our teeth kicked in at home vs Arizona. Best thing he ever did was find chip and the "what could have been" season. Please educate me on this....
Return Of the Quack!
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

greenyellow wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:How many dumb plays did Chip call? A LOT.
Hopefully everyone remembers the 2009 BSU, 2010 NC and 2012 Stanford games to see how stubborn he could get. Plus, when he was coaching, the conference was absolutely garbage besides Oregon and Stanford. If he was coaching now, I don't think he'd be having the same kind of success.
Exactly
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:

I never really understood the Bellotti love affair you older duck fans have. I remember back in middle school us getting our teeth kicked in at home vs Arizona. Best thing he ever did was find chip and the "what could have been" season. Please educate me on this....
To those of us who sat in Autzen during the "70's, when the Ducks were 36-83-1 by a quick count, including FOUR 2-9 seasons, Bellotti and comparative football was a blessing.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:

To those of us who sat in Autzen during the "70's, when the Ducks were 36-83-1 by a quick count, including FOUR 2-9 seasons, Bellotti and comparative football was a blessing.
Okay thank you sir.... So people would take that over the potential taggart has with his recruiting classes...
Return Of the Quack!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duckattack7 wrote:
maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote: Not hard to do with a roster like this and your starting QB is out... Thank god helfs not here still my god it would be 60-0

Okay thank you sir.... So people would take that over the potential taggart has with his recruiting classes...
Not even close to what I said. Just because one person said that doesn't mean others share that opinion.
BlackbirdDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BlackbirdDuck »

Duckattack7 wrote:
maxduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote: Not hard to do with a roster like this and your starting QB is out... Thank god helfs not here still my god it would be 60-0

How many years has either USC or ND had Top recruiting class but failed to show results.