Is Leavitt a candidate for OSU?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

srduck
Three Star Recruit

Re: Is Leavitt a candidate for OSU?

Post by srduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:OSU is a career ended, no one with any kind of aspirations will take it. I could see a desperate coach like Baldwin jumping on it, and he'll be fired in 3 years.
The worst part about that job is they can't actually afford to fire their coaches. If a coach goes there and doesn't see great success he's stuck. And 5 years later he's a coach nobody wants and his career is toast. Like you said: It's a career ender. Which is exactly why Andersen was OK with leaving $12+ mill on the table; his career is still in tact. It wouldn't have been if he had stuck that mess out for another 3 years.
Andersen’s career is in tact? Conventional wisdom says he will never coach again at a power 5 school. He publicly ridiculed his assistants and walked out on his team mid season. What about that looks attractive? His record at OS was abysmal. There are rumors about how and why he was sharing those texts with Canzano. Frankly, most people think he will be lucky to get a coordinator job at an FBS program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimmy12
Senior

Re: Is Leavitt a candidate for OSU?

Post by jimmy12 »

Please define "conventional wisdom." If conventional wisdom if your opinion, then I will accept your reasoning. If you are assuming anything otherwise, then you are projecting.