Senior

Re: Is Leavitt a candidate for OSU?

Post by justducky0 »

lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

The media is tossing a ton of names out there Leavitt being one. Pretty sure nobody has been contacted yet. I would think there are many candidates names floating around the AD's office, this will be interesting to watch but still weeks away. Of the media names being puked out early, Jonathan smith and the ex eastern Washington coach who is now a coordinator somewhere, lol yea no clue to his name or where he's at other than in the PAC 12 somewhere. Those two would be my way too early guesses at this point, not Leavitt.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Alan wrote:The media is tossing a ton of names out there Leavitt being one. Pretty sure nobody has been contacted yet. I would think there are many candidates names floating around the AD's office, this will be interesting to watch but still weeks away. Of the media names being puked out early, Jonathan smith and the ex eastern Washington coach who is now a coordinator somewhere, lol yea no clue to his name or where he's at other than in the PAC 12 somewhere. Those two would be my way too early guesses at this point, not Leavitt.
Beau Baldwin (former EWU coach) is OC at Cal now - that's someone I was kinda hoping Oregon would get after they let Helf go.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Leavitt would be a bad hire for them.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Phenom wrote:Leavitt would be a bad hire for them.
Selfishly speaking or do you honestly think this? He seems like he would be a great hire for them.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

karlhungis wrote:
Phenom wrote:Leavitt would be a bad hire for them.
Selfishly speaking or do you honestly think this? He seems like he would be a great hire for them.
Based on what? He's an old coach who's only had moderate success elsewhere. He's a much better DC than HC.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

You think they'd hire a guy who got in trouble for punching a player?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OSU is a career ended, no one with any kind of aspirations will take it. I could see a desperate coach like Baldwin jumping on it, and he'll be fired in 3 years.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:You think they'd hire a guy who got in trouble for punching a player?
uhm- might not want to use that rationale again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Leavitt to OSewe?

I thought they were a MOUNTAIN DEW school?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

FlDuckFan wrote:You think they'd hire a guy who got in trouble for punching a player?
We did.
OregonFan4life -
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

karlhungis wrote:
We did.

I like the guy just curious what everyone else thinks. I know a few who were not to happy when he got the boot at USF.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

FlDuckFan wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
We did.

I like the guy just curious what everyone else thinks. I know a few who were not to happy when he got the boot at USF.
Reading the story about USF, I probably would have choked the kid too. He made a mistake and paid the price. He had them ranked #2 and from everything I've seen here he is a really good coach. I think he would be a great fit for the "lunch pail" attitude that OSU seems to love and I think he would turn them around. I just hope it doesn't happen.
OregonFan4life -
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

buckmarkduck wrote:OSU is a career ended, no one with any kind of aspirations will take it. I could see a desperate coach like Baldwin jumping on it, and he'll be fired in 3 years.
The worst part about that job is they can't actually afford to fire their coaches. If a coach goes there and doesn't see great success he's stuck. And 5 years later he's a coach nobody wants and his career is toast. Like you said: It's a career ender. Which is exactly why Andersen was OK with leaving $12+ mill on the table; his career is still in tact. It wouldn't have been if he had stuck that mess out for another 3 years.