12%
No
88%

Total votes: 60
jefflockie
One Star Recruit

Fire Taggart

Post by jefflockie »

I have had it with this pathetic play calling. It takes real incompetence to get shut out in the second half of HALF the games when you have ROYCE FREEMAN to carry the offense. Taggart clearly is not ready for P5 football.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Re: Fire Taggart

Post by mrpd21 »

This is so ridiculous I won't vote
nogerO
Senior

Knee jerk alert.

Post by nogerO »

Nmn
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Lmao...oh spazzos.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This is obviously a stupid poll but I voted no. You don't fire a new coach after one season in which he's trying to establish his system while dealing with a really short-handed and young roster.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

jefflockie wrote:I have had it with this pathetic play calling. It takes real incompetence to get shut out in the second half of HALF the games when you have ROYCE FREEMAN to carry the offense. Taggart clearly is not ready for P5 football.
this may qualify as the stupidest post ever on this board. Step away from the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

This is a stupid poll. It would completely idiotic to fire the staff after one season. They wouldn't be able to bring in a decent head coach, because no top coach would want to sign up for an AD that wouldn't give them multiple years to turn around a 4-8 program.

If Royce is so unstoppable, why does he not convert so often on 3rd/4th and short? Other teams are stacking the box, because they've been forced to play a true freshman at QB who isn't ready. The game is moving way too quickly for him, which has led to many poor reads. It doesn't matter who your RB is at that point.

Never,ind the potential top 5 class that the staff is bringing in that could infuse the program with the talent to turn it around. The recruiting class would fall apart without Taggart, and the program would be left in complete shambles. Then you would call for the next coach to be fired a year later, when the team got even worse.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Definitely man, you do your thing
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

The answer is no, but I don't think Taggart is the guy long term.

The 2nd half adjustments, which are so key to good coaching, are just not there.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I think the original poster's handle reveals all we need to know.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

OK if you vote yes please don't hide. Put your name on it and explain, I'd love to hear your reasoning as well please confirm you're sober.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Who the heck is voting yes? There's 3 of them now.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We are probably 6-2 with a healthy Herbert and everyone views this team differently.

I will say, that our play calling has been less than stellar at times and far too predictable. I'm not judging anything on the games that BB has played though. I learned my lesson in 07 watching Dixon vs Kempt/Roper that a QB who's not ready to play totally changes a team. In games with Herbert, there has been really good and there has been questionable and bad but those games + recruiting leaves me satiated with Willie for the time being.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Let's look at some elite coaches first years...

Saban: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Alab ... tball_team

Yes, they lost to ULM, but every game was close. No blowouts.

Peterson:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Wash ... tball_team

No blowout losses except to us, when we had a NC contender.

The point is, yes there were early struggles, but NOT blowouts and NOT this horrible 2nd half crap.

Major major in game red flags for Taggart so far. If we were losing by say, 10 points or less, I'd be fine with our record.

So no for now, because we need to give him a fair shake, but he's not the guy to lead us back to the top, period.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Wow people need to step away from the keyboard. You do realize who our QB is? And how crappy of a job helfrich did with this roster? I will say there were some bad calls made but nothing that surprises me with what we have to work with. This is a full rebuild period it's going to take 2-3 years and if fans don't allow for him to we will be the huskies real quick I promise.
Return Of the Quack!