88%

Total votes: 60
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Re: Fire Taggart

Post by Oregonian »

greenyellow wrote:
Oregonian wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote: Again wrong. Carrington ran Brown off.
Yeah, and how'd he do that?
Brown played the same WR spot as Carrington so Brown transferred because he didn't to possibly sit behind Darren for another year. That now appears short-sighted.
Huh, it's almost like it was somebody's job to convince him otherwise...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregonian wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Oregonian wrote:
Brown played the same WR spot as Carrington so Brown transferred because he didn't to possibly sit behind Darren for another year. That now appears short-sighted.
Who says he didn't try? His pitches may have worked on players like Freeman, Crosby, and Carrington but it didn't work on someone like Brown, who already had one foot out the door even before Taggart got here.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

greenyellow wrote:
Oregonian wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Oregonian wrote:
Who says he didn't try? His pitches may have worked on players like Freeman, Crosby, and Carrington but it didn't work on someone like Brown, who already had one foot out the door even before Taggart got here.
I'm not saying he didn't try, but clearly if he did (he said it was his job to do just that) he failed. But if you see my original post in this chain, my point is it's not like WT took over this team with nobody at WR or on offense generally. He failed to get one potential starter to stay and ended up booting the other one. We had plenty of returning talent on offense, and yet somehow for 3 weeks in a row now we've put up point totals that rival the one-off all time lows of the previous two coaches, who certainly had to deal with their own problems at the QB position at times. That speaks to a lack of creativity or adaptability in play calling, and something's gotta change in that regard. We're also seeing a trend of 2nd half offensive sputtering that started well before the QB position got nuked too.

We haven't posted scores consistently this low in over a decade. And I'm just saying it's a little much to keep blaming this on the prior coaching staff when the offensive cupboard wasn't THAT bare to begin with. Other programs would be talking about splitting up/changing play calling duties, taking different 3rd down strategies, etc. And saying "well it's the players not executing" isn't an excuse - getting the guys to execute is literally the job of the coaching staff. If for multiple weeks in a row they can't execute the things you're trying to get them to execute, you try something else. It's just not wrong for people to think that something is a little off with the coaching on the offensive side of the ball.

And again, I will point out that I am not one of the people that voted for WT to get fired, as I did in my original post.
Last edited by Oregonian on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Admins, just so you know, threads like this are the reason that people are leaving this board. This forum always had people that overreacted but this...

This is literally the dumbest thread that has ever been posted on here, and the idiots that voted to fire Taggart should stop watching the Ducks. Honestly you people are the reason we are one of the most hated fan bases in all of football.

Dude has the #1 recruiting class in the country on Scout. We've never even had a class higher than 9.

The first three games we had the #1 scoring offense. And now because we lost our starting QB and are .500 you want to fire him after a 4-8 season? Do you realize how asinine that take is?

Seriously, stop being a fan. You make the rest of us look bad.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

53-7, lol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13