"There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oregon"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: "There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oreg

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:If Chip goes to UCLA, he's dead to me.
I've read a few things that suggest if Graham at ASU get's the axe as expected that it's a better job than UCLA. The rise in the quality of AZ state football over the last decade has been fairly substantial too.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I want chip to Florida.. But it's soley because I want the Florida jobs to fill up ASAP. My selfishness doesn't want Willie to have a shot at those jobs
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

brich75 wrote:I want chip to Florida.. But it's soley because I want the Florida jobs to fill up ASAP. My selfishness doesn't want Willie to have a shot at those jobs
What if Willie left for the Florida job and Mullens offered Chip to come back to Oregon?
John 3:36
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

SuperDuck wrote:
brich75 wrote:I want chip to Florida.. But it's soley because I want the Florida jobs to fill up ASAP. My selfishness doesn't want Willie to have a shot at those jobs
What if Willie left for the Florida job and Mullens offered Chip to come back to Oregon?
I personally believe Willlie has more potential than Chip. Dynasties are built with great recruiting classes year after year. That's not something Chip will give us. However Willie can, 4-5 years of top 10 classes can make even a mediocre coach look great. You could take Helfrich and stick him at Alabama and he would probably be on the hunt for a championship most years just because of the horses he would have.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

SuperDuck wrote:
What if Willie leaves for Florida and chip heads to UCLA :lol:
Return Of the Quack!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duckattack7 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

We do the only thing we can do....bring back Helf and DP!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Alan wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

and if that were to happen we will need your home address and phone number lol
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I know it won’t happen but if Willie were to leave, I’d be down for Mullen’s promoting Leavitt to HC.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I know it won’t happen but if Willie were to leave, I’d be down for Mullen’s promoting Leavitt to HC.
Leavitt’s awesomeness to me. But I think Mario is more head coach material. He carries himself like a HC.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Alan wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:

:o :shock: :cry: I don't think I can even laugh at that :lol:
Return Of the Quack!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofDuck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I know it won’t happen but if Willie were to leave, I’d be down for Mullen’s promoting Leavitt to HC.
Leavitt’s awesomeness to me. But I think Mario is more head coach material. He carries himself like a HC.
I'd like Coach Joe and he also strikes me as someone who would/will be here for the long haul. I also think one of his titles is like Associate Head Coach too.

Frankly I'm excited to see this staff stick around because if we can get a guy to establish himself as RB1, we're going to have a dark-horse type season next year with Herbert and the OL.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
I'd like Coach Joe and he also strikes me as someone who would/will be here for the long haul. I also think one of his titles is like Associate Head Coach too.

Frankly I'm excited to see this staff stick around because if we can get a guy to establish himself as RB1, we're going to have a dark-horse type season next year with Herbert and the OL.
That is indeed Coach Joe’s title, and I agree, I think he’d make a good HC. Maybe I’d like him more than Leavitt. We’re always giving Leavitt credit but he wouldn’t look near as good if it wasn’t for Coach Joe and what he’s doing to our DLine.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I never thought I'd say this (and still can't believe I'm typing it) and I know I'm going to get skewered on here, but if Taggart goes to Florida, I'd be open to Kiffin coming to Oregon if Leavitt stays. I think he's finally growing up and would keep our recruiting class intact and would be the offensive mind we need to compliment Leavitt.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

EncinitasDuck wrote:I never thought I'd say this (and still can't believe I'm typing it) and I know I'm going to get skewered on here, but if Taggart goes to Florida, I'd be open to Kiffin coming to Oregon if Leavitt stays. I think he's finally growing up and would keep our recruiting class intact and would be the offensive mind we need to compliment Leavitt.
I wouldn't touch Lame Kitten with a 10 ft pole. If you think he's grown up it's because he's not under a microscope at FAU.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

If Taggart leaves, I think the best case scenario is getting back on our bullshit and promoting from within. Coach Joe, Leavitt, or Cristobal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk