Saw article about KSU job

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Saw article about KSU job

Post by duckfan96 »

And it said that Snyder vetoed the , bring leavitt in to be the coach in waiting idea, so his son could become head coach. Is that normal for a coach to have that kinda pull? Hoping leavitt stays at Oregon. If this has been talked about already sorry bout that.

My wife says Herbert throws for 300 and 4 tds tonight....I’d be fine with that haha
Duck07
All-American

Re: Saw article about KSU job

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:And it said that Snyder vetoed the , bring leavitt in to be the coach in waiting idea, so his son could become head coach. Is that normal for a coach to have that kinda pull? Hoping leavitt stays at Oregon. If this has been talked about already sorry bout that.

My wife says Herbert throws for 300 and 4 tds tonight....I’d be fine with that haha
In many ways, Kansas St football IS Bil Snyder
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Snyder is a douche.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Chip is the reason we got Helf, it’s who he wanted and told Mullen’s to hire instead of Chris Peterson. Good coaches do have that sort of impact.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Chip is the reason we got Helf, it’s who he wanted and told Mullen’s to hire instead of Chris Peterson. Good coaches do have that sort of impact.
(Implied, of course, is that this can really backfire.)
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think Snyder is asking for that because he has been very good for the school. I also think this is his son. The school has been good to Snyder and feel that if they been good to him they would be good to his son. I don't know anything about his son. I think most fathers if find a business or in this case a school that been good to him would want to pass that on to their own son. Would it be a good hire... I don't know. I do not have a problem with Snyder asking for it though.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Isn't the stadium named something like Snyder Family Stadium?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Phenom wrote:Snyder is a douche.
Que?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

justducky0 wrote:
Phenom wrote:Snyder is a douche.
Que?
There are some stories out there that would strongly suggest that he is very difficult to work for.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well KSU looks like they're being projected to the Cactus Bowl and Boise to Vegas. I don't think anybody wants Vegas so it could make for an interesting situation for Leavitt possibly, especially if say the kid gets the job officially before the game.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think Snyder is asking for that because he has been very good for the school. I also think this is his son. The school has been good to Snyder and feel that if they been good to him they would be good to his son. I don't know anything about his son. I think most fathers if find a business or in this case a school that been good to him would want to pass that on to their own son. Would it be a good hire... I don't know. I do not have a problem with Snyder asking for it though.
Look at what happened when he left previously and they hired Ron Prince I believe. They were a dumpster fire on par with what the Kansas Jayhawks are now. While KSU would be wise to tread lightly around Bill Snyder and his wishes given what’s he has done for the program and university, it only takes a few years of bad leadership to destroy what took years to build up. If they don’t think Snyder’s son is the guy, I don’t think they should be acquiescing to his demands.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Snyder offered Leavitt a job as LB coach this past off-season but he didn't take it because he wanted to be a DC. Kind of an insulting offer from Snyder.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/bi ... 15598.html