Oregon State @ Oregon (Nov. 25, Sat 4 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon State @ Oregon (Nov. 25, Sat 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon goes for win #7 against the Beavs in the Civil War.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Nov. 25, Sat 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by Handsome Dan »

This game is going to be closer than it should be.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Beavs have been playing really inspired under Hall so they'd love nothing more than to get a win in Autzen. Oregon will need to step on their throat early and often.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon won’t lose. I’d bet anything on that.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

This team is fired up, hungry, and completely re charged. They are going to curb stomp the beavs.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

This will be a beat down, not one of those uninspired civil wars we saw UO play the last 4 years.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Pound those beavers!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Hopefully we don't allow OSU to hang around like we did in 2015.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

At home, Herbert healthy, the run defense looking like it isn't a complete sieve at least. A lot would need to go wrong to somehow lose this one.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

A beavitch beat down could have an interesting impact on Oregon's potential bowl game.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

crazy we could end up 8-5 after that disaster middle of a season. I hope Willie recruits and devoloped well enough that we never fall like that again when anyone goes down.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Oregon State will be motivated and will want to show last year was not a fluke. They have been playing better and would love nothing more than to come to Autzen and beat Oregon. I don't think they will be able to. Oregon will want to show this is not the same team as last year. I think we win by 14 or 17. I don't think we will curb stomp them though.

We do need to recruit better at qb so what happened this year when Herbert went down does not happen again. I know Burmeister is just a freshman and will improve but I don't know if he is a division 1 qb. Just did not see any real improvement from his first game to his most recent game. You would expect growth and the eye test did not show much improvement.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Oregon State will be motivated and will want to show last year was not a fluke. They have been playing better and would love nothing more than to come to Autzen and beat Oregon. I don't think they will be able to. Oregon will want to show this is not the same team as last year. I think we win by 14 or 17. I don't think we will curb stomp them though.

We do need to recruit better at qb so what happened this year when Herbert went down does not happen again. I know Burmeister is just a freshman and will improve but I don't know if he is a division 1 qb. Just did not see any real improvement from his first game to his most recent game. You would expect growth and the eye test did not show much improvement.
Too bad for the shepherds, this year is an example of "not a fluke", got them...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Oregon State will be motivated and will want to show last year was not a fluke. They have been playing better and would love nothing more than to come to Autzen and beat Oregon. I don't think they will be able to. Oregon will want to show this is not the same team as last year. I think we win by 14 or 17. I don't think we will curb stomp them though.

I think the Beavs are ready for the season to end, with Anderson and all the losses.....and the beating they took yesterday. There's a good chance they don't have the same "fire" they have had the last few games. Plus with Herbert back and them going bowling the mood is very high in the locker room, last home game for freeman and Crosby and all. We handle pretty easy.....I think... l

As far a recruiting better QB's, Braxton is no Herbert, comparing both QB's as they started as true freshman, but I haven't given up on Braxton yet. But if we recruit a Mariota or Herbert type talent he may transfer before it is all over. Don't forget we had two QB's bail on the team last spring...so recruiting wasn't the issue....... and I hope at least one or both of them are kicking themselves about now.

Good season considering Herbert was out for five games! I's happy with Willie, the coaches and the team.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Last year Beavs won because Nall was running through our D line in touched then truck our DBs trying to make tackles 15 yards down field. That won't happen again.