Oregon State @ Oregon (Nov. 25, Sat 4 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Nov. 25, Sat 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Oregon State will be motivated and will want to show last year was not a fluke. They have been playing better and would love nothing more than to come to Autzen and beat Oregon. I don't think they will be able to. Oregon will want to show this is not the same team as last year. I think we win by 14 or 17. I don't think we will curb stomp them though.

We do need to recruit better at qb so what happened this year when Herbert went down does not happen again. I know Burmeister is just a freshman and will improve but I don't know if he is a division 1 qb. Just did not see any real improvement from his first game to his most recent game. You would expect growth and the eye test did not show much improvement.
I think the Beavs are ready for the season to end, with Anderson and all the losses.....and the beating they took yesterday. There's a good chance they don't have the same "fire" they have had the last few games. Plus with Herbert back and them going bowling the mood is very high in the locker room, last home game for freeman and Crosby and all. We handle pretty easy.....I think... l

As far a recruiting better QB's, Braxton is no Herbert, comparing both QB's as they started as true freshman, but I haven't given up on Braxton yet. But if we recruit a Mariota or Herbert type talent he may transfer before it is all over. Don't forget we had two QB's bail on the team last spring...so recruiting wasn't the issue....... and I hope at least one or both of them are kicking themselves about now.

Good season considering Herbert was out for five games! I's happy with Willie, the coaches and the team.
I agree about the Beavers. After Andersen left the players did come out with some inspired play; but now, though they have played better, they didn't get any wins. Now they come in to Autzen to face a team also playing better and coming off their best win of the season. Going in to the season, OS really thought they were the team with momentum.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Merganzer wrote:
Alan wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Oregon State will be motivated and will want to show last year was not a fluke. They have been playing better and would love nothing more than to come to Autzen and beat Oregon. I don't think they will be able to. Oregon will want to show this is not the same team as last year. I think we win by 14 or 17. I don't think we will curb stomp them though.

We do need to recruit better at qb so what happened this year when Herbert went down does not happen again. I know Burmeister is just a freshman and will improve but I don't know if he is a division 1 qb. Just did not see any real improvement from his first game to his most recent game. You would expect growth and the eye test did not show much improvement.
I think the Beavs are ready for the season to end, with Anderson and all the losses.....and the beating they took yesterday. There's a good chance they don't have the same "fire" they have had the last few games. Plus with Herbert back and them going bowling the mood is very high in the locker room, last home game for freeman and Crosby and all. We handle pretty easy.....I think... l

As far a recruiting better QB's, Braxton is no Herbert, comparing both QB's as they started as true freshman, but I haven't given up on Braxton yet. But if we recruit a Mariota or Herbert type talent he may transfer before it is all over. Don't forget we had two QB's bail on the team last spring...so recruiting wasn't the issue....... and I hope at least one or both of them are kicking themselves about now.

Good season considering Herbert was out for five games! I's happy with Willie, the coaches and the team.
I agree about the Beavers. After Andersen left the players did come out with some inspired play; but now, though they have played better, they didn't get any wins. Now they come in to Autzen to face a team also playing better and coming off their best win of the season. Going in to the season, OS really thought they were the team with momentum.
Yeah, seems like the opposite situations from last year, when the Ducks had all but quit by the time Civil War came around and the Beavers were on the upswing.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Merganzer wrote:I agree about the Beavers. After Andersen left the players did come out with some inspired play; but now, though they have played better, they didn't get any wins. Now they come in to Autzen to face a team also playing better and coming off their best win of the season. Going in to the season, OS really thought they were the team with momentum.
Yeah, I think that's important. Seems like I've many times seen a sudden surge of improved play after a team has a midseason coaching change upheaval. That clearly happened for the Beavers this season. But they didn't end up with any wins from that improved play, and in fact it looks like they've been further and further away from a win each week. I think any "juice" from that has run its course.

Yes, I suppose "anything can happen" per the cliche, but i agree that it looks like quite a lot would have to go wrong for the Ducks to lose this one.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

The beavs are very thin at corner. so this would be game to let Herbert pick them apart first and then pound em later
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

We just beat one of the better teams in the conference, with one of the best players in the country, by 20 points. The beavs don't have a chance.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Barring a complete collapse or 6 turnovers, I'm pretty sure a curb-stomping is in the offing...as others have said two teams going in the opposite direction right now...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

I don't think this game is close everyone remembers last year and with Herbert And this defense we are a top 3 team in conference only thing we don't have is good WR's. Chuck, Royce, Crosby, Springs and Henry all going to have big games playing their last game at autzen and I think the team follows suit
Return Of the Quack!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I'm expecting a blowout like most, but last two civil wars at Autzen were similar where Oregon was way better then OSU and both came down to the fourth quarter or maybe late third in 2015.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

thomas time wrote:I'm expecting a blowout like most, but last two civil wars at Autzen were similar where Oregon was way better then OSU and both came down to the fourth quarter or maybe late third in 2015.
We went into the last CW with one of the worst defenses in the country though, I wouldn't say we were way better than OSU last year by any means.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

If Portland State would have had a PK OSU would have lost their only win. We roll big.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

All-green for the Civil War. Half-expecting OSU to go go all-orange or all-white.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Love the all green out uniform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OreDucks01284 wrote:Love the all green out uniform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »