I feel amazing.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

I feel amazing.

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

I don't know about you guys but this morning the sun was a touch brighter, the air was fresher, & the songs of birds were a little sweeter.

Years ago I used to get in a pissy mood when Oregon lost. I realized how childish I was acting and I'm a big believer in internal forces contolling happiness vs external forces, so I've made a concious effort to control my emotions and I feel I've done a decent job at it. But no matter how much self control I exert, life is just better when Oregon Football is clicking. LOL!

How about you guys. How do you feel today?
gogreen55
Senior

Re: I feel amazing.

Post by gogreen55 »

As much as I remind myself it is just a game, I definitely feel better about things the next day when the Ducks come out on top. :D
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:I don't know about you guys but this morning the sun was a touch brighter, the air was fresher, & the songs of birds were a little sweeter.

Years ago I used to get in a pissy mood when Oregon lost. I realized how childish I was acting and I'm a big believer in internal forces contolling happiness vs external forces, so I've made a concious effort to control my emotions and I feel I've done a decent job at it. But no matter how much self control I exert, life is just better when Oregon Football is clicking. LOL!

The only way I could feel any better would be if the hucking fuskies had lost. "Nut Up Wittingham" blew it for the Utes...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Thank you for posting this, glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:I don't know about you guys but this morning the sun was a touch brighter, the air was fresher, & the songs of birds were a little sweeter.

I'm with ya! Went on a beautiful country morning walk with my wife, counting blessings and replaying the game in my mind. Had a Duck shirt on and was walking with pride and purpose, felt fantastic. I can't get that Crosby block out of my mind today!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

That's funny. My wife still makes fun of me for the way I was sullen and brooding and depressed when the ducks lost to Stanford after being up 2 TD's in the 4th quarter in Joey's senior year. That was my wake up call about getting too into the fortunes of a football team, but it didn't stop me from also feeling that way when Dixon went down. Since then, I've mellowed out about football - I just don't watch as much when they are losing.

This was a great win though, and the future seems bright. I admit that the great basketball teams have helped the past few years as well.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Quack!!! I've felt great all day, and that's after a night of hardly any sleep, due to remembering all the highlights from the game, and wondering "what if?" I think the world is a better place when the Ducks win.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

It's too bad Herbert got hurt I really think we could have won the north with him healthy. Next year could be special just gotta fill a giant hole on the left side of the line and backfield and hope Jelks stays and I think we are right back in the mix.
Return Of the Quack!
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Winning feels good.

Agreed on left side of the line. Crosby is the real deal. (and a good person).

I am excited to see real athletes on the edges. The WRs coming in a no joke. (speed and size).

Also, the 3 LBs and DEs coming in will be disruptive.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I would think most fans feel in a much better mood after a win. This was a big game I thought, big difference finishing 8-5 to 7-6. Before the year I said seven or eight wins (with a possible chance at nine wins), and that was with a healthy Herbert all season. If we finish 8-5 and keep Willie and Jim I would be so excited going into next season with the returning players and recruits coming in.