Does Royce sit out?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Does Royce sit out?

Post by Duckattack7 »

Now that we are bowl eligible and playing in not so good of a bowl does Royce sit out ? I wouldn't be upset if he did but maybe we should all enjoy him a little more this week since it could very well be his last game in a duck uniform.
Return Of the Quack!
Duck07
All-American

Re: Does Royce sit out?

Post by Duck07 »

He's not going in the 1st round.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Not even close, his potential gains are to high for him to sit out. While he's gotten a lot of accolades this year there are things in the film where he needs to improve his stock.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Okay glad to hear that then I love watching him play
Return Of the Quack!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He’s 2 rushing touchdowns away from breaking the pac12 career rushing TD record.

Play. :)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:Not even close, his potential gains are to high for him to sit out. While he's gotten a lot of accolades this year there are things in the film where he needs to improve his stock.
This is not even remotely close to true. There is literally nothing more for him to gain by playing in a low level bowl game.

As far as I am concerned, the man can do whatever he feels he needs to do, and I will say Thank You either way.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

wlduck wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Not even close, his potential gains are to high for him to sit out. While he's gotten a lot of accolades this year there are things in the film where he needs to improve his stock.
This is not even remotely close to true. There is literally nothing more for him to gain by playing in a low level bowl game.

As far as I am concerned, the man can do whatever he feels he needs to do, and I will say Thank You either way.
This.

There are four years of tape on him. One more game against a average at best power 5 team in the “United Airlines We Hate Our Customers Bowl” won’t raise or hurt his draft stock. If I’m him, I 100% sit out and don’t risk injury considering he’s a middle round pick at best and any serious injury would likely push him out of the draft.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Hell no, he ain't sitting out! Take that to the bank
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

I could see Royce getting less snap during the bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I thought the question was for the next game (civil war) didn't realize it was for bowl game.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

I wouldn't have a problem with him deciding to sit out the bowl game. This recent phenomenon is more evidence that they need to expand the college football playoff to give these guys more to play for other than a whole lotta money for everyone but themselves.

That being said, I have a hard to believing Royce would choose to sit out the bowl game. Just doesn't seem in his makeup. Which is further suggested by his recent decision to accept an invite to play in the 2018 Senior Bowl in January.

The Meat Train fears nothing.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:He’s 2 rushing touchdowns away from breaking the pac12 career rushing TD record.

Play. :)
He breaks that in the CW.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I would be more than okay with Royce sitting out. He's done so much for us, that he's more than earned it.

I doubt he does, though. That just doesn't seem in his nature. I would bet he plays reduced snaps, gets something like 10 carries or less and gives Kani a chance. Royce is also playing in the Senior Bowl.