1%

Total votes: 72
nogerO
Senior

Re: Grading Taggart

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I said C because of the loss to ASU... I thought we would go 8-4 to start the season or 7-5. The play calling and second half adjustments are still huge concern. The recruiting if keep them all would certainly be an A.
Recruiting is an A (so far)

Game planning, play calling, adjustments (C) at best.

Overall avg: B
Is that strictly on offense or does that include the defense? What's gone on the defensive side of the ball is far more noteworthy to me than what happened with Burmeister at QB.
Pretty sure WT shouldn't get a whole lot of credit for the d, other than hiring Leavitt.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I agree halftime adjustments aren’t that big of a deal, and most of the second half issues is due to having a very limited QB and defenses made the easy adjustment to stop that. However my biggest criticism as at times he got too conservative. Punting on the opening drive against Arizona and the second half playcalling against Nebraska are evidence of that. But I do agree, for the most part halftime adjustments aren’t all that common. I mean it was great with a Chip and I’m sure there’s some of it but most of the time if a coach sees the opponents lined up in a certain way that can be exploited, a coach wouldn’t wait until halftime to point it out.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I agree halftime adjustments aren’t that big of a deal, and most of the second half issues is due to having a very limited QB and defenses made the easy adjustment to stop that. However my biggest criticism as at times he got too conservative. Punting on the opening drive against Arizona and the second half playcalling against Nebraska are evidence of that. But I do agree, for the most part halftime adjustments aren’t all that common. I mean it was great with a Chip and I’m sure there’s some of it but most of the time if a coach sees the opponents lined up in a certain way that can be exploited, a coach wouldn’t wait until halftime to point it out.
That’s a fair point. He tends towards conservative play when he should keep the pedal to the medal. Punting when on the opponent’s side of the field rarely yields much of anything and is my biggest pet peeve. The reward of going for it WAY outweighs the risk.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I said C because of the loss to ASU... I thought we would go 8-4 to start the season or 7-5. The play calling and second half adjustments are still huge concern. The recruiting if keep them all would certainly be an A.

Is that strictly on offense or does that include the defense? What's gone on the defensive side of the ball is far more noteworthy to me than what happened with Burmeister at QB.
Pretty sure WT shouldn't get a whole lot of credit for the d, other than hiring Leavitt.
So he gets no credit for the D, even though it was a hot mess when he found it, and did what a HC is supposed to and fixed it? And he gets no credit for the O avg 50 a game when he has a QB? When his O drops 60 on OSU this weekend, will he still get no credit? At this point it seems like you're just picking nits.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

buckmarkduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:

So he gets no credit for the D, even though it was a hot mess when he found it, and did what a HC is supposed to and fixed it? And he gets no credit for the O avg 50 a game when he has a QB? When his O drops 60 on OSU this weekend, will he still get no credit? At this point it seems like you're just picking nits.
100%. Same people probably gave Helfrich a free pass for hiring Pellum and hoke and turning the ducks into a laughingstock

WT has checked all the boxes. If Herbert were healthy all year we'd have gotten at least one more win maybe two
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

nogerO wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:

how would a head coach get little credit for the team’s defense? HC’s get credit and blame for the product on the field.