13%
D
1%

Total votes: 72
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Grading Taggart

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

When consider this year with the win/loss record...the handling of injuries... and recruiting... if we don't lose commits.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Re: Grading Taggart

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I said C because of the loss to ASU... I thought we would go 8-4 to start the season or 7-5. The play calling and second half adjustments are still huge concern. The recruiting if keep them all would certainly be an A.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:When consider this year with the win/loss record...the handling of injuries... and recruiting... if we don't lose commits.

I have to give him a B recruiting is top notch and he held this team together through extreme adversity. Last years team turned on each other at this point.

With that said I still think I will wait until he has 3-4 years to devolope his own recruits before I judge him
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

Beat OSU and win a bowl he gets a B. Leaves program he gets an F
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Gave him a B so far. Bunch of things are still in need of work but you can see things have improved over last year's D- level effort by Helf and his staff.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

Feeling generous so I gave him an "A." If Herbert doesn't go down we could have beat both WAZZU and UCLA.
I'm taking this weeks Civil War win for granted. considering both we could have gone 9-3 this year.

After watching last year's 4th quarter Civil War melt down, I was really expecting 6-6. Add to the mix
this year's recruiting class. (we've never reeled in 16 (4) stars before) and I'm not sure what else
the guy could have done.

Amazing how the complaints about Taggart's play calling go down when we have a quarterback that can
complete a forward pass.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I said C because of the loss to ASU... I thought we would go 8-4 to start the season or 7-5. The play calling and second half adjustments are still huge concern. The recruiting if keep them all would certainly be an A.

I gave a C for the exact same reasons.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

vegasdom wrote:Beat OSU and win a bowl he gets a B. Leaves program he gets an F
He won't leave the program. He still hasn't completely proven himself. Some wasn't his fault; QB transfers, etc We outscored UA 20-7 in 2nd half. Adjustment seemed okay. B overall A recruiting. A good bowl win and recruiting should remain as good or better.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

I expected us to go 8-4 this year if we had stayed healthy. Looks like we're going to go 7-5. We might have gone 9-3 without Herbert's injury. So W-L record is good for me...B. Recruiting and bringing in great coaches...easy A.

Bout the only things I'd be really hard on Taggart for was the Rhabdo thing and mainly his handling of it in the press and his whining about it again long after it was put out of people's minds. I also have to be hard on him about the loss of Yankoff. He should have been on that, and many people say he screwed it up. I think the coaches/coaching cost us the ASU game and nearly the Nebraska game. But these negatives are just part of what you would get with any coach. He certainly gets a B grade overall.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Hard to justify giving him anything lower than a "B" if recruiting and assembling a coaching staff are factored in. His actual coaching prowess is a bit suspect (in my opinion), or yet to be determined at least. Solid "B" overall though.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Incomplete.

Since that wasn't an option I put 'B'.

Hard to grade recruiting until signing day. While it will likely be an 'A', I'll be lowering my grade to A- or 'B' if we end up signing 7 or 8 WRs and not another good sized ILB.

'B' from me is a good grade, I'm not usually an easy grader. I came up with the 'B' by assuming the recruiting will end up an 'A' and gave him a 'C' for coaching; Won the games he should have except ASU. Lost the games he should have with BB as QB except Utah. The Utah win washes out the ASU loss for a 'C'. (UA win makes it a C+)
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I gave him an A and it is mainly bolstered by the insane recruiting class that he has put together. Otherwise, I would go B+/A-. I think, given the hand he was dealt, it's difficult to have hoped for much more. Going into the year, I was hoping for 8 wins and it looks like that is what we will get. I don't think it is unreasonable to think we could have been a 10 win team with a healthy QB.

Has he been perfect? No. But he has done a great job in resurrecting the program.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

karlhungis wrote:I gave him an A and it is mainly bolstered by the insane recruiting class that he has put together. Otherwise, I would go B+/A-. I think, given the hand he was dealt, it's difficult to have hoped for much more. Going into the year, I was hoping for 8 wins and it looks like that is what we will get. I don't think it is unreasonable to think we could have been a 10 win team with a healthy QB.

Has he been perfect? No. But he has done a great job in resurrecting the program.

couldnt agree more...very well said
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

This poll is 2 games too early.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

one more thing on grading Taggart. I think it would be fair to grade him when
he's had his own players here. Can he keep getting top five classes. Its to early to
grade him now...