Willie to FSU and who's going with him

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Willie to FSU and who's going with him

Post by lukeyrid13 »

It has been a little quiet in regards to Jimbo to aTm move happening or not. I searched around and most FSU fans/sites seem to think that Jimbo will accept the Texas AM job after their game on Saturday. From the various places I looked, about 80+ percent of the talk was about Taggart being the man for the job. They all tend to think it's a foregone conclusion. I don't even know what would happen to our recruiting class/program if he left. I feel like we'd be looking at another multiple season reset if that were to happen.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/2017/11/ ... mbo-fisher

http://thespun.com/acc/florida-state/ch ... her-leaves
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Willie to FSU rumors heating up

Post by buckmarkduck »

And Chip Kelly was UO next head coach last year. The fact is no one knows, they are just laching onto the same story. The DC from PSU thinks he has a shot, rumor is he backed out on Miss St to wait on FSU.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Is it more likely that Jimbo is trying to get more money out of FSU? Similar to what Saban did when Texas opened up a few years ago.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Hard to take that Staples guy seriously. He looks kind of homer-ish. Saying FSU is "two or three tiers" better than Oregon? And that TAnM is a big downgrade? Florida State would be a sweet gig -- and Oregon is still relatively new to the national stage compared to some other longtime powerhouses -- but let's get real here.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Certain low level media wannabes started the fire, they fanned the flames...sure the fire is going and expect more gas added....... nothing is cooking
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Yeah, I don't know if you guys remember last year, but this is very reminiscent of the Jimbo to LSU rumors where lots of people convinced themselves it was a done deal. Guess time will tell.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Jimbo and Willy share the same scumbag agent. I think we can look forward to going through this every year that Willy is here.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

karlhungis wrote:Jimbo and Willy share the same scumbag agent. I think we can look forward to going through this every year that Willy is here.
Good info! Attempt at more $$$$ by all three, Jimbo, Willie and a double dip by scumbag agent.......BTW not opposed to paying Willie to stay.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I get money grabs but Jimbo already makes 6 mil a year, is 5-6 right now and the 4th highest paid coach. If I'm FSU I tell him to pound sand cause he's not in a power position IMO.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Willie needs a raise.
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

This Jason Staples guy seems to me like someone who likes to act e-tough and pretend like he knows all, but really doesn't know jack. Case in point:

Nov 22: https://twitter.com/DocStaples/status/9 ... 5223015424

Nov 29: https://twitter.com/DocStaples/status/9 ... 0543508480

So much for his bold proclamation of Jimbo not leaving FSU; lasted all of one week. Don't believe a word he says. If he was legit, he'd have a lot more than 3,869 followers :lol:
TheHypeIsReal
One Star Recruit

Post by TheHypeIsReal »

This seems to be getting confirmed from sources beyond the Twitter rabble-rousers. I'm a bit confused. I'm not really sure why Willy would be the #1 prospect vs some of the candidates FSU could probably pull. He can recruit but I'm still not convinced on game planning and adjustments.

Who would you want as a replacement? I'm going with:

1 Petersen (longshot)
2 Sumlin
3 Leavitt
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

TheHypeIsReal wrote:This seems to be getting confirmed from sources beyond the Twitter rabble-rousers. I'm a bit confused. I'm not really sure why Willy would be the #1 prospect vs some of the candidates FSU could probably pull. He can recruit but I'm still not convinced on game planning and adjustments.

1 Petersen (longshot)
2 Sumlin
3 Leavitt
I have ZERO desire to hire Sumlin, unless we want to remain mediocre forever and win 7-8 games every single year. The dude made his name and rode the coat tails of a few QB's to get where he currently is.
TheHypeIsReal
One Star Recruit

Post by TheHypeIsReal »

UofO8 wrote:
TheHypeIsReal wrote:This seems to be getting confirmed from sources beyond the Twitter rabble-rousers. I'm a bit confused. I'm not really sure why Willy would be the #1 prospect vs some of the candidates FSU could probably pull. He can recruit but I'm still not convinced on game planning and adjustments.

1 Petersen (longshot)
2 Sumlin
3 Leavitt
I have ZERO desire to hire Sumlin, unless we want to remain mediocre forever and win 7-8 games every single year. The dude made his name and rode the coat tails of a few QB's to get where he currently is.
I kind of feel that is true for every coach except Urban, Saban, Leach and Chip.
partytime1667
One Star Recruit

Post by partytime1667 »

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... rida-state

Well hopefully this is true and he accepts, so we can put this to bed