Willie to FSU and who's going with him

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Willie to FSU and who's going with him

Post by greenyellow »

Just saw this posted on CFB subreddit. If true, WT is a scumbag for pissing off the Mariota family:
Someone in the know posted it on ScoopDuck and JHop confirmed it. Here is the explanation:
Yeah, I agree about MM, but he was nice to FWT while coach was trying to essentially destroy his brother. FWT for whatever reason choose to make Matt Mariota's life miserable this year. He did something stupid, stuff college kids do. Nothing to big at all. Stuff you over look for a lot of players generally, and Taggart I guess choose to make an example out of him in the worst way. Some of the stuff I've heard that was directed to Matt would make any Oregon fan red hot after what his brother did for the program. Anyway, FWT never let up and Matt finally left the team a while back this year because of all this. Which was likely what FWT wanted for whatever reason. Lot of people been biting their tongue on this story up until a few days ago. I hope we welcome him back into the flock with open arms if he wants to return.
Also, someone asked Arjei Henderson's dad why he decommitted and here's the answer he gave:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Just saw this posted on CFB subreddit. If true, WT is a scumbag for pissing off the Mariota family:
Someone in the know posted it on ScoopDuck and JHop confirmed it. Here is the explanation:
Yeah, I agree about MM, but he was nice to FWT while coach was trying to essentially destroy his brother. FWT for whatever reason choose to make Matt Mariota's life miserable this year. He did something stupid, stuff college kids do. Nothing to big at all. Stuff you over look for a lot of players generally, and Taggart I guess choose to make an example out of him in the worst way. Some of the stuff I've heard that was directed to Matt would make any Oregon fan red hot after what his brother did for the program. Anyway, FWT never let up and Matt finally left the team a while back this year because of all this. Which was likely what FWT wanted for whatever reason. Lot of people been biting their tongue on this story up until a few days ago. I hope we welcome him back into the flock with open arms if he wants to return.
What. The. @#$%. This needs to be revealed more to show the kind of program the noles want to run under that turd.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Ok, now that Wally is gone. Lets get the straight dope on the Sheldon High thing. Also, has FSU given an offer to WT Jr yet?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Just saw this posted on CFB subreddit. If true, WT is a scumbag for pissing off the Mariota family:
What. The. @#$%. This needs to be revealed more to show the kind of program the noles want to run under that turd.
I hope not true, unless it was something insanely horrible why would you mess with the Mariota's ? Literally the nicest people in the world if all the stories are to be believed.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I sure hope this gets out further as it'd really shatter whatever goodwill some Taggart defenders (namely Fentress) have for him still. From the sounds of it, Leavitt also had a hand in the whole thing and it was Cristobal and the other coaches who tried to intervene on Matt's behalf. Could be why they rallied around Cristobal so quickly.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

FlDuckFan wrote:I hope not true, unless it was something insanely horrible why would you mess with the Mariota's ? Literally the nicest people in the world if all the stories are to be believed.
The way it is described it could not have been something that egregious but with his Dime Store Philosophy WT probably thought he was showing everyone how to do something.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I don't know if that story is true, but I have heard a rumor that Taggart doesn't like walk-ons in general.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phalanx wrote:I don't know if that story is true, but I have heard a rumor that Taggart doesn't like walk-ons in general.
Explains why he only ran the ball with BB instead of putting in Alie and trying to pass the ball and try to win.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

greenyellow wrote:I sure hope this gets out further as it'd really shatter whatever goodwill some Taggart defenders (namely Fentress) have for him still. From the sounds of it, Leavitt also had a hand in the whole thing and it was Cristobal and the other coaches who tried to intervene on Matt's behalf. Could be why they rallied around Cristobal so quickly.
Interesting.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I don't know if that story is true, but I have heard a rumor that Taggart doesn't like walk-ons in general.
Explains why he only ran the ball with BB instead of putting in Alie and trying to pass the ball and try to win.
That thought has been in the back of my mind all season since I heard that rumor. I don't blame him for wanting to get Burmeister some experience, but he was clearly ineffective, and it seemed like too much of that kind of experience (getting overrun by defenses) can be damaging. It seemed like Taggart wasn't going to go with Alie no matter what, though, despite the fact that he is a better passer and a threat to run as well, and probably knew the offense better.
BlackbirdDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BlackbirdDuck »

Which all of these stories about the type of person WT appears to be, maybe there is some truth to the story regarding WT addressing the Coach at Sheldon HS
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:Which all of these stories about the type of person WT appears to be, maybe there is some truth to the story regarding WT addressing the Coach at Sheldon HS
What's that story I missed it.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

DuckMastaFunk wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Dying.
:lol: Good one! Nominated for best post of the thread! (WT dream school closet)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan wrote:
BlackbirdDuck wrote:Which all of these stories about the type of person WT appears to be, maybe there is some truth to the story regarding WT addressing the Coach at Sheldon HS
What's that story I missed it.
Supposedly he was upset that Willie Jr. wasn't getting any varsity playing time and got into it with Sheldon's coaches at a few practices and games (basically along the lines of "I didn't move my family out here to not have him play" and "My son is better that those who are playing.") If any of this was directed toward's Michael Johnson's son, that's not going to sit well with MJ and may be why he sticks around should Cristobal becomes HC.