Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Jacob Breeland 12/9 interview:

Justin Herbert 12/9 interview:

Mario Cristobal 12/9 interview:
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote: Moseley 12/9 practice report: http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/12/9/f ... dec-9.aspx
Cristobal also said every player on the roster will be in uniform for the bowl game. During the regular season, most walk-ons and redshirts did not suit up.
Another sign that there is a new sheriff in town.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phalanx wrote:
Cristobal also said every player on the roster will be in uniform for the bowl game. During the regular season, most walk-ons and redshirts did not suit up.
I hated that disrespect that was shown the walk-ons and non travel squad by Wee Balls Willie. Unnecessary pettiness to guys that get the crap beat out of them for so little in return. Good for HC-MC.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Phalanx wrote:
greenyellow wrote: Moseley 12/9 practice report: http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/12/9/f ... dec-9.aspx
I hope he welcomes back Matt Mariota.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

What happened to Matt Mariota?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

brich75 wrote:What happened to Matt Mariota?
He got in a little trouble (sounds like nothing major and stuff that most other college students have done) and WT absolutely buried him and made life so miserable that he quit in like October. This pissed off the entire Mariota family and is supposedly one thing that made the team start to dislike him. Seems this poor treatment of walk-ons has happened at every school he's been at.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

greenyellow wrote:
He got in a little trouble (sounds like nothing major and stuff that most other college students have done) and WT absolutely buried him and made life so miserable that he quit in like October. This pissed off the entire Mariota family and is supposedly one thing that made the team start to dislike him. Seems this poor treatment of walk-ons has happened at every school he's been at.
Dang I had no idea any of that took place! I'm with you I hope he comes back
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

What's been alluded to is that Matt did something stupid that college kids do but wasn't that bad comparatively speaking and little willie used it as an opportunity to scold/berate Matt in front of the team for it. Only he didn't leave it at a one time thing and was continually abrasive towards Matt so that he eventually just left the team.

It kind of feels to me like a Jackie Treehorn (Mariota) and Lebowski (little willie). "Mr Mariota draws a lot of water in this town, you don't draw $hit, taggot. stay out of Eugene, deadbeat!"
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

What did he do?
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Phenom wrote:What did he do?

I’ve asked this too. I don’t think anyone knows. :lol:
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duck07 wrote:
What's been alluded to is that Matt did something stupid that college kids do but wasn't that bad comparatively speaking and little willie used it as an opportunity to scold/berate Matt in front of the team for it. Only he didn't leave it at a one time thing and was continually abrasive towards Matt so that he eventually just left the team.

It kind of feels to me like a Jackie Treehorn (Mariota) and Lebowski (little willie). "Mr Mariota draws a lot of water in this town, you don't draw $hit, taggot. stay out of Eugene, deadbeat!"
The hallmark of a very small person. If the stories are true I'm glad he is gone.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

maxduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

The hallmark of a very small person. If the stories are true I'm glad he is gone.
Obviously Taggart was mad about what Marcus did to Florida st in the playoff game and decided to take it out on Little Mariota!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

brich75 wrote:
maxduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Obviously Taggart was mad about what Marcus did to Florida st in the playoff game and decided to take it out on Little Mariota!
Wonder how much $$$ his family dropped on THAT sure thing?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Not a cool move by Willie.....but I'd say outside of Mike Riley, pretty much all big time coaches, and just football coaches in general are pretty dang tough on their players.