Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by greenyellow »

Willie Taggart 12/3 bowl game press conference:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

"Coach, why leave for your most important recruiting trip before the early signing date with an unsigned contract extension on the table? If you're the coach, why not sign it and strengthen your recruiting pitch?"
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Just what I was hoping for! The Vegas Bowl on my bday! Give me a good present Herbert and co!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Another bad thing about getting Las Vegas Bowl is that they likely won't get the full 15 allowed bowl practices in, especially with this week being finals week at Oregon. They won't resume practices until next Saturday so they'll likely only get in a total of 7-9 extra practices (counting this weekend's practices) before the bowl game. That amount really isn't giving the young guys the amount of practices they would normally have if they'd gotten any other bowl game.
There are 10 days between the Alamo and the Cactus bowls, and Boise State has the same time period to prepare. It doesn't seem like something that is going to have long-term damage on the team going into next year.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phalanx wrote:This was the best outcome we could hope for in terms of a meaningful bowl game. The ducks are playing a ranked team, have an opportunity to get one back from Boise State, and recover what at one point seemed to be a lost season. The ducks are getting a higher-ranked opponent than either of the Arizona schools that finished higher in the standings. Yeah, bummer about the recruiting day, but this is WHY they recruit, to get in better bowl games. People who would rather have a worse bowl game to accommodate recruiting are putting the cart before the horse.

I was not looking forward to the Cactus Bowl, but this bowl will definitely be marked with a red circle on my calendar.
Nah it's the worst. No one is ready for bowl season on the 16th at noon, so no one will be watching. Second, we lose out on our very important recruiting weekend with multiple 4 and 5 star players coming and all of our commits coming to town. Last, if we beat boise, we won't get any credit since they're from a lesser conference.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:

Eh, I would have voted Dye for team MVP
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

greenyellow wrote:Willie Taggart 12/3 bowl game press conference:
Dude is either the biggest liar in the world or he hasn’t been even offered by Florida State and that’s why he’s so firm on saying he’s the coach here. So weird to me how someone could lie that hard and be gone the next day if he wasn’t being honest but only time will tell.
Return Of the Quack!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duckattack7 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Willie Taggart 12/3 bowl game press conference:
Dude is either the biggest liar in the world or he hasn’t been even offered by Florida State and that’s why he’s so firm on saying he’s the coach here. So weird to me how someone could lie that hard and be gone the next day if he wasn’t being honest but only time will tell.
IMO, the latter is exactly what's happening. He's holding out as long as he can for a legit offer from FSU; he won't make any promises because if they offer he's gone. If they don't though he wants to be able to act like nothing ever happened and continue on as Oregon's coach.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

FlDuckFan wrote:Eh, I would have voted Dye for team MVP
They want to spread the awards around to as many different deserving players as possible. This way Herbert, Dye and Freeman all get "MVP" awards.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

gogreen55 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Eh, I would have voted Dye for team MVP
They want to spread the awards around to as many different deserving players as possible. This way Herbert, Dye and Freeman all get "MVP" awards.
Then why have awards?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I am 99 percent positive that Taggart is being "honest" with us. Technically, he probably hasn't been offered.

His agent, on the other hand, is almost certainly talking figures and terms with FSU. When his agent works out a deal that Taggart would find favorable, then Taggart and his agent will talk it out -- make final demands -- and then FSU would extend the offer to Taggart.

Then, Taggart would accept it.

All of this is being handled by proxy... Taggart isn't talking terms directly with FSU. That's how these things go. So Taggart isn't lying when he says he has no offer. He could probably even say he hasn't been contacted by FSU and keep a straight face. But we all KNOW what's up. So while he isn't lying, he's still kind of full of s*** right now, and everyone can see it.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

FlDuckFan wrote:Then why have awards?
So they can spread out the awards to as many deserving players as possible. You are taking it all too literally, rather than realizing it is a feel good event trying to recognize as many different deserving players as possible.