Harsin?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Harsin?

Post by vegasdom »

40-12 record. First in division almost every year. When you step up a level It opens up new doors. You can recruit players who didn't used to give you the time of day. It can't be an easy job recruiting up to Boise, almost everyone is coming in from somewhere else.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Harsin?

Post by karlhungis »

NOOOOOOO. I don't want Chris Peterson lite, making us UW lite.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Nah. He's their version of helfrich. A little better, but just riding the wave that was already in place for him.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Please no
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

How about if he wins the bowl game? :lol: No, seriously, yes he came into an established program but he has maintained it. He is still out recruiting his conference.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm not sure why he did, but I've heard he didn't interview well last year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

vegasdom wrote:How about if he wins the bowl game? :lol: No, seriously, yes he came into an established program but he has maintained it. He is still out recruiting his conference.
Which isn't hard considering he has the most successful program in that entire conference.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

No.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Right now Patterson is the only guy that moves the needle at all for me.

That probably won't happen, but we should try.

Outside of him...I'm open, but not a fan of Sumlin, Harsin, failed college coaches...
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

GrantDuck wrote:Right now Patterson is the only guy that moves the needle at all for me.

Outside of him...I'm open, but not a fan of Sumlin, Harsin, failed college coaches...
Then you must have LOVED Willie. He doesn't exactly have a glowing resume.

This whole event came together in a perfect storm. #1 recruiting class. Herbert heals and leads to 2 more wins. Sumlin being fired. Jimbo wanting out. Willie lying, doing exactly the opposite that he preaches and breaking a commitment. It's insane it came together this way.

Willie can thanks his asst coaches for the results and Herbert.

The guys we'll lose to Florida (I am not counting Leavitt as this is one that I would be really upset about). We'll lose coach Woodie. Great recruiter, but not great special teams coach. Out ST was eh.... this year. Coach Pimp-- dime a dozen. We had great in coach cambpell. Coach pimp was just ok. Recruiting coordinator--- dime a dozen and lastly weight lifting coach.... who almost killed 5 players. Willie-- great recruiter and presence in front of kids parents.... but IFFY play caller, game planner and strategist.

I am only upset about the timing and potential loss of recruiting class. (and leavitt) who I view as responsible for the turn around. I am not upset about WT.

Peace.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

no to Harsin....
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

jimmy12 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Right now Patterson is the only guy that moves the needle at all for me.

Then you must have LOVED Willie. He doesn't exactly have a glowing resume.

This whole event came together in a perfect storm. #1 recruiting class. Herbert heals and leads to 2 more wins. Sumlin being fired. Jimbo wanting out. Willie lying, doing exactly the opposite that he preaches and breaking a commitment. It's insane it came together this way.

Willie can thanks his asst coaches for the results and Herbert.

The guys we'll lose to Florida (I am not counting Leavitt as this is one that I would be really upset about). We'll lose coach Woodie. Great recruiter, but not great special teams coach. Out ST was eh.... this year. Coach Pimp-- dime a dozen. We had great in coach cambpell. Coach pimp was just ok. Recruiting coordinator--- dime a dozen and lastly weight lifting coach.... who almost killed 5 players. Willie-- great recruiter and presence in front of kids parents.... but IFFY play caller, game planner and strategist.

I am only upset about the timing and potential loss of recruiting class. (and leavitt) who I view as responsible for the turn around. I am not upset about WT.

Peace.
Agree 100%...nice post
Mike Bellotti's Mustache
One Star Recruit

Post by Mike Bellotti's Mustache »

Oregon should be able to hire better than this. Peterson light is right.
"Dyer Was Down"
'00 Alum, "Frat" guy, Go Ducks
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Mike Bellotti's Mustache wrote:Oregon should be able to hire better than this. Peterson light is right.
Peterson's agent started that conversation with the poodle ad last week. "when that domino falls, you know who they'd really want down in Eugene?" I don't think it's gonna happen so I'd just rather start some rumors about Peterson being interested in NFL jobs.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Harsin is not my first choice but some of you who are saying an emphatic NO to Harsin have also said you'd be YES with Cristobal.

Harsin wins like crazy with the best talent in his conference. Cristobal lost like crazy with the best talent in his conference.

Harsin is 4-1 against Pac-12 teams with superior talent. Cristobal beat ?? in his 27-47 6 seasons.

Cristobal may be a good recruiter but he does not walk on water as a recruiter. When he left Alabama with his number 1 recruiter title, Alabama didn't miss a beat in recruiting. At Oregon he has one 4 star out of his 7 OL recruits, a local kid and life long duck fan that even I could have signed.

He is very personable and gives good interviews but so what. 27-47 and fired by a G5 school, talk about settling.