Harsin?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Harsin?

Post by karlhungis »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Harsin is not my first choice but some of you who are saying an emphatic NO to Harsin have also said you'd be YES with Cristobal.

Harsin wins like crazy with the best talent in his conference. Cristobal lost like crazy with the best talent in his conference.

Harsin is 4-1 against Pac-12 teams with superior talent. Cristobal beat ?? in his 27-47 6 seasons.

Cristobal may be a good recruiter but he does not walk on water as a recruiter. When he left Alabama with his number 1 recruiter title, Alabama didn't miss a beat in recruiting. At Oregon he has one 4 star out of his 7 OL recruits, a local kid and life long duck fan that even I could have signed.

He is very personable and gives good interviews but so what. 27-47 and fired by a G5 school, talk about settling.
The main appeal of Cristobal is that he will help salvage this class.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Harsin is not my first choice but some of you who are saying an emphatic NO to Harsin have also said you'd be YES with Cristobal.

Harsin wins like crazy with the best talent in his conference. Cristobal lost like crazy with the best talent in his conference.

Harsin is 4-1 against Pac-12 teams with superior talent. Cristobal beat ?? in his 27-47 6 seasons.

Cristobal may be a good recruiter but he does not walk on water as a recruiter. When he left Alabama with his number 1 recruiter title, Alabama didn't miss a beat in recruiting. At Oregon he has one 4 star out of his 7 OL recruits, a local kid and life long duck fan that even I could have signed.

He is very personable and gives good interviews but so what. 27-47 and fired by a G5 school, talk about settling.
The main appeal of Cristobal is that he will help salvage this class.
It was the 18th ranked class by average recruit ranking prior to WT bailing. Saving that at the cost of an FIU reject as our head coach, no thanks. Now saving it by hiring Coach Pepsi, ok, not my first choice but I could live with that. He actually did something as a head coach.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

To be fair he built the program up from nothing to a conference champion w/ back to back bowl appearances, before one down year got him fired.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Sure, as long as he can recruit.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Harsin is a dick to his staff. You dont want him running this program. Go pay Norvell or Campbell with you don't want to keep a current coach as HC. Wilcox is avg also, he won't win more that 7-9 games.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Has Harsin had success recruiting and building relationships around the country? Doubtful. UO is a national brand. Coaches currently on staff do.