Rethorical Question: Assuming Mullens promotes from within

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Rethorical Question: Assuming Mullens promotes from with

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Mario is 27-47 as a head coach.
Reading about his dismissal at FIU, sounds like he was both loyal to the school when other schools came calling and that the AD couldn't handle a down year with injuries to the QB and RB. They went 3-9 with 5 losses by a TD or less but he had steadily built the team up and then he got fired. While it's beneficial for those small FL schools to be in a talent rich state, they can also put a lot of time into a recruit only to see him jump at the bigger school's offer.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

He turned down Pitt (when Graham left for ASU) and Rutgers to keep building FIU and was then fired. From what people have said, their AD was an autocratic a-hole who liked to take credit for successes he didn't earn and had a quickfire trigger when getting rid of coaches he thought were underperforming.
Mike Bellotti's Mustache
One Star Recruit

Post by Mike Bellotti's Mustache »

Phenom wrote:
AutzenMember wrote:For clarification: When the players hashtag cristobALLIN, it's not intended to be cristo-ballin, it stands for Cristobal All In, as the players are stating they are all in on Cristobal. I was made aware of this when a friend of mine close the program/players reprimanded me for using Cristo Ballin. It looks obvious to me now, and probably to everyone else, but I thought I'd throw it out there since there may be others like myself reading it wrong. Lol.
I think it's both, which makes it a great hashtag.

This. God I feel old.
"Dyer Was Down"
'00 Alum, "Frat" guy, Go Ducks