Rethorical Question: Assuming Mullens promotes from within

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Rethorical Question: Assuming Mullens promotes from within

Post by woundedknees »

Will we be Cristo-Ballin', or experiencing Leavitt-Ation?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckfan22
Senior

Re: Rethorical Question: Assuming Mullens promotes from with

Post by duckfan22 »

woundedknees wrote:Will we be Cristo-Ballin', or experiencing Leavitt-Ation?

lol thanks for the laugh will make todays work day much better
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Cristoballin is my guess to keep the staff more or less intact.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Cristobal. Thinking back on the few post practice interviews I watched Mario presented himself as a CEO type, articulate, analytical, calm and comfortable answering questions. Coach Pepsi is antsy and uncomfortable, wanting to get away as quickly as possible. I'm not sure he has the temperament to make consistently good hiring decisions. I think Leavitt is probably a better coordinator and position coach than Cristobal but that doesn't always translate into the top job.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Lol I love how people take a pre practice interview as who will be a good Head coach.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Prehm is convinced that Leavitt is gone to FSU for 2M per. He also thinks Mario likes Eugene and would stay even if not the head coach. He thinks he would retain all but Clarke.

Thoughts?
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

jimmy12 wrote:Prehm is convinced that Leavitt is gone to FSU for 2M per. He also thinks Mario likes Eugene and would stay even if not the head coach. He thinks he would retain all but Clarke.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? We need a new DC and a good one. Who?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

justducky0 wrote:Lol I love how people take a pre practice interview as who will be a good Head coach.
I'm guessing you haven't done a lot of hiring in your career. I look at demeanor and how they handle themselves. Do you think Mark Helfrich came across well when he was interviewed? How about Scott Frost?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Love me some Leavitt, but if he bolts (Which I personally doubt, but who knows?), I believe MC has some connections from the past who might be interested in a pay upgrade, plus the opportunity to build on JL's foundation.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

woundedknees wrote:Love me some Leavitt, but if he bolts (Which I personally doubt, but who knows?), I believe MC has some connections from the past who might be interested in a pay upgrade, plus the opportunity to build on JL's foundation.
Everyone is saying that Leavitt bolts if he's not given the HC role.
kmurph
High School Drop Out

Post by kmurph »

I think Cristobal is the only logical choice. Leavitt has some baggage in his past (right\wrong it is there), his age, the KSU thing (would he leap from Oregon to KSU if it came open?), that work against him IMO. he definitely wants to be a HC again. I would hope that Oregon tries to retain him (asst HC title, pay raise to $2mil per?).

Cristobal is detail oriented, a great recruiter, younger, kids love him etc..., it just makes more sense. He wasn't overly successful at FIU, but that program was a mess when he took it over. I think you would like to surround him with a big time OC and DC if possible. I think most of the staff stays with him, a lot of the recruits stay with him and he minimizes player transfers.

Certainly the risk is there that Leavitt bolts if he doesn't get the HC gig and I would imagine that if you hire Cristobal you would want to have some contingency guys in place for DC. I would hope that Mullens, PK could sit down with Leavitt and appeal to him staying. It couldn't hurt.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

kmurph wrote:I think Cristobal is the only logical choice. Leavitt has some baggage in his past (right\wrong it is there), his age, the KSU thing (would he leap from Oregon to KSU if it came open?), that work against him IMO. he definitely wants to be a HC again. I would hope that Oregon tries to retain him (asst HC title, pay raise to $2mil per?).

Cristobal is detail oriented, a great recruiter, younger, kids love him etc..., it just makes more sense. He wasn't overly successful at FIU, but that program was a mess when he took it over. I think you would like to surround him with a big time OC and DC if possible. I think most of the staff stays with him, a lot of the recruits stay with him and he minimizes player transfers.

Certainly the risk is there that Leavitt bolts if he doesn't get the HC gig and I would imagine that if you hire Cristobal you would want to have some contingency guys in place for DC. I would hope that Mullens, PK could sit down with Leavitt and appeal to him staying. It couldn't hurt.
Mario is 27-47 as a head coach.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

For clarification: When the players hashtag cristobALLIN, it's not intended to be cristo-ballin, it stands for Cristobal All In, as the players are stating they are all in on Cristobal. I was made aware of this when a friend of mine close the program/players reprimanded me for using Cristo Ballin. It looks obvious to me now, and probably to everyone else, but I thought I'd throw it out there since there may be others like myself reading it wrong. Lol.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

AutzenMember wrote:For clarification: When the players hashtag cristobALLIN, it's not intended to be cristo-ballin, it stands for Cristobal All In, as the players are stating they are all in on Cristobal. I was made aware of this when a friend of mine close the program/players reprimanded me for using Cristo Ballin. It looks obvious to me now, and probably to everyone else, but I thought I'd throw it out there since there may be others like myself reading it wrong. Lol.
I think it's both, which makes it a great hashtag.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

You almost have to wonder if maybe they don't want to take the interim tag off Mario quite yet just in case the team lays an egg in the Vegas Bowl. If he's named HC and they fall flat, it'd be a potentially bad look that Mullens may not want.