Question

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Question

Post by duckfan96 »

Regarding Joey (Harrington in case some of you young uns don’t know who I mean). Anyone know if he ever thought of pursuing coaching? Not meaning he should get the Oregon job but any coaching.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Question

Post by Duck07 »

In the time after his playing days he was really comfortable living off the big money he made and raising his family. He seems like he probably understands its easier to stay on the media side and still be involved. I'm going to need a color commentator once Jerry Allen finally gives it up, lol.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:In the time after his playing days he was really comfortable living off the big money he made and raising his family. He seems like he probably understands its easier to stay on the media side and still be involved. I'm going to need a color commentator once Jerry Allen finally gives it up, lol.
Hey '07, are you in a position to have influence on that decision?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I loved Joey as a player but he doesn't seem to have a great grasp on the idiosyncrasies of football. He would often improperly diagnosis plays and or what system a team was running and what not. I think it's largely due to what07 alluded to, that he's not dialed in to football 24/7 soits not that he can't it's that he just isn't paying close enough attention
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Duck07 wrote:In the time after his playing days he was really comfortable living off the big money he made and raising his family. He seems like he probably understands its easier to stay on the media side and still be involved. I'm going to need a color commentator once Jerry Allen finally gives it up, lol.
Only in the sense that I've been working in radio and doing high school sports broadcasting the last few years. I did it my SR year of HS and worked as an intern for a while at Cumulus my freshman year in Eugene and even told Jerry I was going to replace him one day. :mrgreen:

A few years ago I first heard John Strong call an MLS game and realized I needed to get back into it. There obviously aren't enough Ducks in the Sports Media world yet.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Duck07 wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
Only in the sense that I've been working in radio and doing high school sports broadcasting the last few years. I did it my SR year of HS and worked as an intern for a while at Cumulus my freshman year in Eugene and even told Jerry I was going to replace him one day. :mrgreen:

A few years ago I first heard John Strong call an MLS game and realized I needed to get back into it. There obviously aren't enough Ducks in the Sports Media world yet.
Awesome! Timing might be right in a few years. Definitely get back into it now so you're ready to take over when the time comes!
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Duck07 wrote:I'm going to need a color commentator once Jerry Allen finally gives it up, lol.
Joey Mac, is that you???
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Hoagduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:I'm going to need a color commentator once Jerry Allen finally gives it up, lol.
Joey Mac, is that you???
Nope