Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Re: Case for Sumlin

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Only if he brings Chavis.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

No. I'm so sick of hearing Sumlin. Dude is a mediocre coach that had his ass covered for a few years because he had Manziel. The article spouts that he lands countless 5 star recruits...yeah, and then they transfer. Not to mention it's a hell of a lot easier recruiting at A&M when you hardly have to even travel to load your class. And give me a break about that shitty nZ0nE offense. A&M fans are ecstatic to be getting rid of Mazzone, all he has been doing is calling inside zone reads and screens, A&M was barely in the top 100 in total offense this year! But hey, yeah, if we want to just be mediocre then lets totally hire Sumlin!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Keep the 3-4 please!

I know this won't be popular, but if he does get the job go get Kendall Briles as OC.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Keep the 3-4 please!

I know this won't be popular, but if he does get the job go get Kendall Briles as OC.
Lets just say no to both ideas now.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

My biggest concern about Sumlin would be him jumping to the next decent SEC or Big-12 job that opens in the near future. He might even jump to a Big-10 school since he has a significant history there under Joe Tiller.

Of course, I'd have the same concerns with Cristobol, though he seems like a high character guy from what I've read and how the players are pulling for him to be the HC.

I guess we'll all know soon enough.
John 3:36
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Once again ... NOOOOOOO to Sumlin!!
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Most if not all current players WANT to give Cristobal a shot at H/C and some of our incoming recruits are asking for Cristobal. Kids have already bought in to Mario and I say we give him and this young staff a try and turning OREGON football around into a powerhouse in the Pac-12 again. Kid's will play their ass off for a coach they like and respect. From what I've read and seen from current DUCKS .. . they want Cristobal. I hope Mario, keith, and Big Joe stick around and get hefty raises $$$.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

In addition to TAMU five other SEC teams had openings this year. League opponents have the best chance to see his coaching abilities, either by facing his team in a game or watching film of a common opponent. Those league partners have six years experience with Sumlin. Five openings by those who know him best and none offered a job. What does that tell you?
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I started to read but stopped when Fish said he is a proven winner. Proven winners do not get fired.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

All of this is good reason to read nothing in Fish Duck. Sorry not disrespecting the guy but the stuff on that site is beyond stale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by FishDuck »

Tualatin and sr ducks,

You are mistaken about the article. It is NOT my view to support Sumlin, and in the comments are my disagreements to him before the word of MC became public. Just because an article is on my site does not mean I agree with it; I do not censor writers and allow them to state their opinions and back it up with facts or a reasonable line of logic.

Again--we are all volunteer and while today's article is concerning what Cristobal revealed about his offensive philosophy or Ken Woody tomorrow--nobody is paid and do it for fun.

If it is not your cup-of-tea....no sweat. Our articles have had good response with today's at 101 comments, the day before at 76 comments, then 118 comments, 202 comments, (mine) 163 comments, (I am writer) and 88 comments.

And I am happy with the hire for HC.

Cheers,

FD
perennialduck
One Star Recruit

Post by perennialduck »

In all fairness, MC did get fired from FIU. I also love the hire at head coach.