No Sumlin . .. No Wilcox . .. No Harsin. HIRE Cristobal!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Re: No Sumlin . .. No Wilcox . .. No Harsin. HIRE Cristobal

Post by Greenblood »

Note on Wilcox. Per a Bruce Feldman tweet, "Justin Wilcox was not a candidate in the mix for the vacancy and never met with Oregon search people for the job, sources tell me. He is happy at #Cal and was not interested in leaving."
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Greenblood wrote:Note on Wilcox. Per a Bruce Feldman tweet, "Justin Wilcox was not a candidate in the mix for the vacancy and never met with Oregon search people for the job, sources tell me. He is happy at #Cal and was not interested in leaving."
So apparently Justin Wilcox has some integrity.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If I had to guess, Wilcox figured the Oregon job would be available again down the line and he shouldn't screw over Cal after one year to take his dream job. Obviously a totally insane thought by Wilcox; if only he had a son to tell him to screw over hundreds of people to follow his singular dream.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:If I had to guess, Wilcox figured the Oregon job would be available again down the line and he shouldn't screw over Cal after one year to take his dream job. Obviously a totally insane thought by Wilcox; if only he had a son to tell him to screw over hundreds of people to follow his singular dream.
I brought it up in another thread but with Scott Frost at Nebraska he said the time was right and I believe that. The time is NOT right for Wilcox to become the guy here but it's not to say that day may never come.