Cristobal hired!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Re: Cristobal hired!

Post by Duckattack7 »

Did he ever talk in the introduction press conference? Was at work all day sorry if I missed it.
Return Of the Quack!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duckattack7 wrote:Did he ever talk in the introduction press conference? Was at work all day sorry if I missed it.
He did, it's worth watching:

https://www.facebook.com/OregonFootball ... 554131244/
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

TualatinDuck wrote:To expand on that, if any of you watched Miami play in the 80's and early 90's. They had attitude, swagger, intimidating. They were the program you didn't want on your schedule. Catholics Vs convicts, he was on that team! So was Dwayne Johnson. We have an opportunity to learn from someone that has 3 NC rings, who wants to say no?
That's what's been missing from Oregon. Years past Oregon has been pushed around by sec teams. I think those days are over. That comes from Mario's days at Miami and Bama. He's seen what it takes.

I liked his comments on recruiting areas of need every year. Mario's vision is different from what we have seen. I love it.
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

Coach looks like he could suit up and play still.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

This is probably a no duh statement but if he gets the right guys in place at the coordinators and position coaches, his recruiting acumen could turn him into a major success here. I like Arroyo as a recruiter but don’t know anything as a play caller outside of his interim OC title in the NFL with the Tampa Bay Bucs. As far as DC goes, I’m operating under the assumption Leavitt is gone so hoping he can bring in a known commodity who has had success building defenses. Maybe Grinch from Wazzu for his familiarity with both Coach Joe and the Pac-12.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:Did he ever talk in the introduction press conference? Was at work all day sorry if I missed it.
He did, it's worth watching:

https://www.facebook.com/OregonFootball ... 554131244/
So worth watching, I had flashbacks of Miami in his talk. I especially liked him talking about his beginning at FIU, never once a hint of walking away. He was hamstrung but stuck with it and built something. That my friends is integrity.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FishDuck caught up with Cristobal and he got some insight as to how the offense will work:
http://fishduck.com/2017/12/mario-crist ... or-oregon/
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Late to the party but I am thrilled by this hire. Obviously what I'm feeling has a lot to do with what Taggart did and the way Cristobal swooped in to save the day. That said, I love Cristobal's attitude and integrity and I'm HOPING he will end up being a great coach. I think he will but regardless, I'm rooting really hard for him.