Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Assistant Coaches?

Post by karlhungis »

frogsnouts wrote:Remember when Tosh was pulling all those great defensive recruits to Cal? I feel like he could do something similar here. Even if he isn't the best DC we've ever had, he may surround himself with the talent to mask most of his issues. If we keep Heyward, Joe and Clark I'm pretty willing to take a chance on Tosh.
Remember when he couldn't coach his team to stop us, so he coached them to take injuries? Remember when he used Xbox live to get around the dead period? Remember when he got busted giving cash to a recruit?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I've researched him since hearing his name pop up, and honestly he seems to have done some great thinks at bama coaching wise if you believe his players. He's also co-dc there right now.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:Remember when Tosh was pulling all those great defensive recruits to Cal? I feel like he could do something similar here. Even if he isn't the best DC we've ever had, he may surround himself with the talent to mask most of his issues. If we keep Heyward, Joe and Clark I'm pretty willing to take a chance on Tosh.
Remember when he couldn't coach his team to stop us, so he coached them to take injuries? Remember when he used Xbox live to get around the dead period? Remember when he got busted giving cash to a recruit?
I remember he was the dl coach, in his 20s and took the rap for Tedford. I also remember him pulling Shaw from us. I get not liking him, he did some rule bending, but so did Chip and Cam and no one hates on them or calls them slimy. And Cam did it twice in a 7 year period, first forging Arringtons dad's signature and then being the main point of contact with Lyles.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

He still is, he's one of bama's best recruiters.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
I remember he was the dl coach, in his 20s and took the rap for Tedford. I also remember him pulling Shaw from us. I get not liking him, he did some rule bending, but so did Chip and Cam and no one hates on them or calls them slimy. And Cam did it twice in a 7 year period, first forging Arringtons dad's signature and then being the main point of contact with Lyles.
I'm pretty surprised at the pass you are giving him.
OregonFan4life -
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

UofO8 wrote:
Of course, but Bama recruits itself. Getting those guys to go to Cal, where their best season was going to be something like 7-5, was the impressive recruiting effort.

If the worst thing about someone is that they used Xbox Live to talk to recruits during a dead period, I think I'm willing to give them a pass.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

frogsnouts wrote:
UofO8 wrote:
Of course, but Bama recruits itself. Getting those guys to go to Cal, where their best season was going to be something like 7-5, was the impressive recruiting effort.

If the worst thing about someone is that they used Xbox Live to talk to recruits during a dead period, I think I'm willing to give them a pass.
He literally got busted giving a bag of cash to a recruit.
OregonFan4life -
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

karlhungis wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
UofO8 wrote:

C'mon... It was coffee.

Read the label on the bag!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

woundedknees wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
UofO8 wrote:

C'mon... It was coffee.

Read the label on the bag!
Oh right, silly me.
OregonFan4life -
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

karlhungis wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
I'm pretty surprised at the pass you are giving him.
You wanted Leaavitt so...
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

karlhungis wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
UofO8 wrote:

And our last DC potentially punched a player and told his teammates to lie about it. Tosh paid for a kid's tutoring. If I didn't complain before, I sure am not complaining about Tosh.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

frogsnouts wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
UofO8 wrote:

And our last DC potentially punched a player and told his teammates to lie about it. Tosh paid for a kid's tutoring. If I didn't complain before, I sure am not complaining about Tosh.
Tosh would be great Imo

I think there's a good chance leavitt stays but I'm ok with tosh or Guidry.

All these guys are wack only some get caught

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

First and foremost the DC needs to be a great Play-Caller and Game-Planner. Recruiting is a secondary issue for the DC which is why Jim is great in the spot he's at.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

brich75 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Supposedly Johnson might want to move so his son plays tougher competition for his senior year.
Hmm...he could just send his son to one of those boarding schools with stud programs...
Well his son lost to south Medford in playoffs so there is competition here for him
Actually he was hurt and didn’t play in Sheldon’s playoff loss. I think he did play in Sheldon’s earlier loss to South Medford so I get your point.

I saw Sheldon play 3 Times this year and Johnson is like a man among boys out there. He needs lots of polish.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Duck07 wrote:First and foremost the DC needs to be a great Play-Caller and Game-Planner. Recruiting is a secondary issue for the DC which is why Jim is great in the spot he's at.
This. Jim took a defense that was one of the worst in all of college football and made them formidable in a single season. When you can take pretty much the same roster (with the huge addition of Fat Mac and Fialio)and show that much improvement shows how much coaching makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk