Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Post by picksix »

Anyone know what Assistants we are keeping or when we will know? I don't think Leavitt will stay, but if he does great if not what assistants do we keep?
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: Assistant Coaches?

Post by chapelhillduck »

If Leavitt leaves, promote Heyward or Big Joe and we'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

chapelhillduck wrote:If Leavitt leaves, promote Heyward or Big Joe and we'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is this based on? I want someone with experience at DC. There's some good options out there.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

This is happening now. Hey it worked for Cristobal. :lol:
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

stlDUCKfan wrote: This is happening now. Hey it worked for Cristobal. :lol:
Yes, because it was led by the players. this is led by some random fan. I would be interested to see if the players follow suit.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

https://scoopduck.com/s/1335/coaching-dominoes/2

JHop has this post about whom he thinks Cristobal will target but I don't have a subscription. Anyone wanna share?
stlDUCKfan

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Phenom wrote:
Yes, because it was led by the players. this is led by some random fan. I would be interested to see if the players follow suit.

Player are in it too.
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

stlDUCKfan wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Player are in it too.
This won't matter...We already know we want to keep Leavitt...that's not the question. The question is does Leavitt want to keep Oregon.

I personally think it's 50/50 that he goes somewhere else. I don't think he goes to FSU though. Who would want to follow that lying POS Slick Willie. I don't think it's very smart to hitch your career wagon to Willie...If Leavitt does follow Willie to FSU...well that means he's more like Willie than I thought.
stlDUCKfan

Post by stlDUCKfan »

It just helps that the players are showing Cristobal and Leavitts it’s who they want. If he leaves he leaves.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Two thoughts I've had about Leavitt / assistants generally :

1) What are the odds Cristobal's contract is less than the one we had WT under? It might be that WT taking off actually frees up some extra cash to throw at Leavitt / other assistants.

2) If Jim Leavitt is truly committed to become a head coach again soon, I'm not sure if he does himself any favors by jumping ship to FSU with WT. Unless they're locked and loaded defensively and he truly believes they can ramp up to being a NY6 contender in that first year, he's probably delaying his ability to interview for HC positions by a couple years just by nature of the rebuild. But if he believes in what is going on in Eugene, a killer season this fall could get him into those interviews next winter.
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

stlDUCKfan wrote:It just helps that the players are showing Cristobal and Leavitts it’s who they want. If he leaves he leaves.
Well this is on Leavitt now. And because of what he has tweeted recently...saying it's all about the players and he'd do anything for them....well now his decision will impact his character.

If he stays he backs up his words. If he leaves...well all that talk about players first...etc...means nothing, and just like Willie is all about Willie...Leavitt will be all about Leavitt.

That's why it's better to not tweet stuff like that....you just set yourself up and now if he leaves it's gonna look bad on him.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

trnxcam wrote:
stlDUCKfan wrote:It just helps that the players are showing Cristobal and Leavitts it’s who they want. If he leaves he leaves.
Well this is on Leavitt now. And because of what he has tweeted recently...saying it's all about the players and he'd do anything for them....well now his decision will impact his character.

If he stays he backs up his words. If he leaves...well all that talk about players first...etc...means nothing, and just like Willie is all about Willie...Leavitt will be all about Leavitt.

That's why it's better to not tweet stuff like that....you just set yourself up and now if he leaves it's gonna look bad on him.
Some guys understand the traditional meaning of integrity.

Some don't.

I could understand JL leaving for a position as HC at a decent program. A lateral move? Not so much.

Guess we'll see, right?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Fans, players, AD and everyone at Oregon wants to keep Leavitt. We don't need a movement, just him to prefer Oregon over FSU.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

If Leavitt leaves I don't think it's because of money. He may just want to move back to Florida.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

I posted this on another thread, but thought it would be appropriate here. Anyone know anything about this guy if Leavitt were to leave?
If Leavitt leaves in the wake of Cristobal getting the nod, it seems there are good replacements for a DC. Anyone know anything about Vic Koenning at Troy? He's well traveled and has always produced top defenses, or extreme turn-arounds...just wondering if there's baggage to explain why he's at Troy. The other question is can he recruit?

His salary at Troy is $270,000 so he'd be easily obtainable.

http://www.troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx ... h=football