Oregon football coaches so far in my life time

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan22
Senior

Oregon football coaches so far in my life time

Post by duckfan22 »

I was thinking about the coaches that i have watched coach the Ducks in
my life time (that i remember)
1) Jerry Frei record at Oregon 22-29-2 Good coach. Had Fouts and Bobby Moore.
Fired because he couldnt beat the beavers.
2) Dick Enright record at Oregon 6-16 Horrible coach.
3) Don Read 9-24 fired at Oregon but did ok at Montana after.
4) Rich Brooks record at Oregon 91-109-4 if you think Taggart wasnt a
good play caller you should have set thru some of the Brooks era games.
But he does have a field named after him.
5) Mike Belloti record at Oregon 116-55 took things from the after the 94 rose bowl
and built on it from there.
6) Chip Kelly record at Oregon 46-7 nothing really to say but Chip took the ducks
to another level.
7) Mark Helfrich record at Oregon 37-16 had 3 seasons of 9-4 or better then the
4-8 record. Things to me unravaled for him in the locker room then went on the field
the sanctions didnt help and the defensive choices for cordinator may have been the straw
that broke the camels back.
8) Willie Taggart record at Oregon 7-5 then gone. He gave the program some spark.
gave hope that this program was going to rise again. Showed that he could recruit with
the best of them. Most important to me is the staff he hired. The huge improvement on defense.
But then he leaves and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Its like that car salesman tells you
theres nothing wrong with the car, and as soon as you leave the dealership the bumper falls off.
9) Mario Cristobal no head coaching record yet at Oregon. Is this the safe choice? I dont think so.
I just think that his time at Alabama and his playing days at Miami have shown him the work ethic
to get it done at Oregon. His recruiting prowess and x's and o's appear to be better as well.
I will be interested in seeing how the game is called. The bowl game wont tell a whole lot yet.
but we will see how he prepares the team and what if any adjustments he can make.

Of all of the above coaches this is one of my favorite hires right there with Bellotti and Kelly.
The guy is confident but not in a Taggart way and just acts like a football coach. Going to be an
interesting game and the off season. Sorry for long post but just thinking about the coaches ive
seen at Oregon. The good, the bad, and the ugly... go ducks