Where my Scott Frost haters at?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Where my Scott Frost haters at?

Post by GrantDuck »

Remember all the criticism he took online at Oregon? :lol:

Always had top 10 offenses under him. Think he deserves some credit for that, especially under Helfrich when he called plays.
Alan
Senior

Re: Where my Scott Frost haters at?

Post by Alan »

GrantDuck wrote:Remember all the criticism he took online at Oregon? :lol:

Always had top 10 offenses under him. Think he deserves some credit for that, especially under Helfrich when he called plays.
I don't hate him, but so happy we don't play Nebraska again in the regular season. After seeing him take apart Auburn I would have loved him at Oregon!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He wasn't a great OC.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I was a bit critical of him at the time(4 years ago) but in hindsight, I think Helf was the weak link that most of us hadn't fully grasped yet. For me, I came around on Frost and would have loved to have gotten him but the timing of our opening and Taggart leaving so late in the cycle made it impossible.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Husker fans have to be dancing I never the streets.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I was a bit critical of him at the time(4 years ago) but in hindsight, I think Helf was the weak link that most of us hadn't fully grasped yet. For me, I came around on Frost and would have loved to have gotten him but the timing of our opening and Taggart leaving so late in the cycle made it impossible.
This is spot on, I tried saying this when everyone blamed DP and Hoke, but in reality Helf was the big problem. If Frost and Helf switched roles we’d be a lot better off right now.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

He is way better than I gave him credit for. I didn't think he would possibly have this team ready for this game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

He was a bad position coach, an alright coordinator, and apparently a really good head coach.

What he’s doing now doesn’t mean that Lubick wasn’t an upgrade at WR coach.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

StevensTechU wrote:He was a bad position coach, an alright coordinator, and apparently a really good head coach.

What he’s doing now doesn’t mean that Lubick wasn’t an upgrade at WR coach.
Exactly. I did predict that he would be a better HC than coordinator and position coach though. He has "it".
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

I seem to recall the general consensus among Frost's detractors as a position coach was that he was viewed as the anti-Helfrich. Where Helfrich was a good position coach and terrible head coach, Frost was a poor position coach and would be a good head coach.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

Pretty scary to think about what he’ll do with some big time recruits when he just ran all over an SEC school with a bunch of 2 and 3 stars.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

He had a lot of speed at UCF, a lot harder to find in the midwest. Plus McKenzie Milton made some extraordinary plays.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I was a bit critical of him at the time(4 years ago) but in hindsight, I think Helf was the weak link that most of us hadn't fully grasped yet. For me, I came around on Frost and would have loved to have gotten him but the timing of our opening and Taggart leaving so late in the cycle made it impossible.
This is spot on, I tried saying this when everyone blamed DP and Hoke, but in reality Helf was the big problem. If Frost and Helf switched roles we’d be a lot better off right now.
Helfrich had zero to do with the D. Both Hoke and Pellum are just that bad.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

maxduck wrote:He had a lot of speed at UCF, a lot harder to find in the midwest. Plus McKenzie Milton made some extraordinary plays.
Speed never helped Oregon when they played against the SEC and Big 10. It’s more than that IMO
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

I don't think it's a coincidence that Oregon completely fell apart when he and Chins left.