Strongest Unit in 2018

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Strongest Unit in 2018

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Which unit and you looking forward to watching next year? I think our CB's will make a big jump in the off season. What do you guys think?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Strongest Unit in 2018

Post by karlhungis »

Defense as a whole but if I have to narrow it down I would go with the defensive line.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I've gotta go with DL as well. LB maybe if we can get someone to step in besides Troy. Dye, Hollins, and Winston are a pretty good group.

On offense, I think our OL will be good again.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I agree about DL, Jelks and Fat Mac are gonna destroy people I think.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

DL, especially if both DJ Johnson and Malik Young are eligible to go along with the other guys mentioned.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I would go with the O-line.

OL returning significant contributors: Calvin Throckmorton, Jake Hanson, Shane Lemieux, Brady Aiello. Expected/potential contributors: George Moore, Jacob Capra, Alex Forsyth, Cody Shear.

Not including freshmen, although it's not out of the realm of possibility that at least one plays. If I had to guess I'd say Steven Jones, because we could use some interior help and I'd hate for Throckmorton to have to move inside. From what I heard Moore was impressive, as was Forsyth. Shear was a surprise as well, considering he was a last minute offer.

The other good units are all on defense. As people in the thread noted the DL should be the best we've had since 2014. Needs more depth.

The LB crew of Dye, Hollins, Winston, Niu, Apelu, Leiato should be good. I figure we'll see Isaac Slade-Matautia and Adrian Jackson. Would be nice if Keith Simms develops as well.

The DB group is probably my second favorite behind the OL. Having Graham and Lenoir at the CB spots with Amadi playing nickel and safety, while Pickett, McGraw and Breeze platoon at the safety spots. Really good chance we see freshmen Holland, Stephens and maybe McKinley.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Quarterback.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:I would go with the O-line.

OL returning significant contributors: Calvin Throckmorton, Jake Hanson, Shane Lemieux, Brady Aiello. Expected/potential contributors: George Moore, Jacob Capra, Alex Forsyth, Cody Shear.

Not including freshmen, although it's not out of the realm of possibility that at least one plays. If I had to guess I'd say Steven Jones, because we could use some interior help and I'd hate for Throckmorton to have to move inside. From what I heard Moore was impressive, as was Forsyth. Shear was a surprise as well, considering he was a last minute offer.

The other good units are all on defense. As people in the thread noted the DL should be the best we've had since 2014. Needs more depth.

The LB crew of Dye, Hollins, Winston, Niu, Apelu, Leiato should be good. I figure we'll see Isaac Slade-Matautia and Adrian Jackson. Would be nice if Keith Simms develops as well.

The DB group is probably my second favorite behind the OL. Having Graham and Lenoir at the CB spots with Amadi playing nickel and safety, while Pickett, McGraw and Breeze platoon at the safety spots. Really good chance we see freshmen Holland, Stephens and maybe McKinley.
should be o-line, but Tyrell was the best player on the unit and they were thrashed against Boise State....

I'm going to go with linebackers. Thought Hollins, Dye, Winston were all playing great at the end of last season.