Combined Classes - Basis for evaluation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: Combined Classes - Basis for evaluation

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Duckenstein wrote:
Phenom wrote:We have more playmakers than you think.
Who do you think is a playmaker?

I don't see any "Oregon" skill guys.

I've got my fingers crossed for Felix and Verdell but they haven't proven anything. TBJ is always injured and Taj is a flop.

The receivers are awful. It's a damn shame to have Herbert and no one to throw to. Mitchell is a P5 guy at least but it's a precipitous drop after that.

TE is another area of concern. I like Breeland and Webb is promising, but there's no depth.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
You don't think Jaylon Redd is an Oregon level skill guy? As a recruit he was a top-200 guy, and at the UA All-America guy he won the speed skills challenge. When the staff started using him towards the end of last year he started making plays. I think he should be our starting slot and PR. Redd is also a tenacious blocker for a little guy, he's really got some similarity to Charles Nelson in his game.

Taj Griffin has been very disappointing since his freshman year, and a strong gust of wind tends to knock him down. I'm hoping that with a year to adjust to WR he can also use that speed and elusiveness to make some plays.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

TBJ is an Oregon level guy when healthy, same with Taj, Felix looked like an Oregon level guy, I've heard Verdell is definitely an Oregon level guy, Mitchell is projected by some as a 1st team All Pac receiver (he would have had over 1K yards if Herbert didn't get hurt), Redd is an Oregon level guy, the rest of the WRs are a little uninspiring but definitely "Oregon level" considering that we haven't exactly produced a ton of great WRs.

TE depth is concerning but it's better than last year. Both Breeland and McCormick proved to be at least serviceable and they will get better. Webb is also going to be good.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:
Phenom wrote:We have more playmakers than you think.
Who do you think is a playmaker?

I don't see any "Oregon" skill guys.

I've got my fingers crossed for Felix and Verdell but they haven't proven anything. TBJ is always injured and Taj is a flop.

The receivers are awful. It's a damn shame to have Herbert and no one to throw to. Mitchell is a P5 guy at least but it's a precipitous drop after that.

TE is another area of concern. I like Breeland and Webb is promising, but there's no depth.

You don't think Jaylon Redd is an Oregon level skill guy? As a recruit he was a top-200 guy, and at the UA All-America guy he won the speed skills challenge. When the staff started using him towards the end of last year he started making plays. I think he should be our starting slot and PR. Redd is also a tenacious blocker for a little guy, he's really got some similarity to Charles Nelson in his game.

Taj Griffin has been very disappointing since his freshman year, and a strong gust of wind tends to knock him down. I'm hoping that with a year to adjust to WR he can also use that speed and elusiveness to make some plays.
Man, I really hope Redd turns out.

He had a couple plays at the end of the year where I had flashbacks to the old days.

Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Phenom wrote:TBJ is an Oregon level guy when healthy, same with Taj, Felix looked like an Oregon level guy, I've heard Verdell is definitely an Oregon level guy, Mitchell is projected by some as a 1st team All Pac receiver (he would have had over 1K yards if Herbert didn't get hurt), Redd is an Oregon level guy, the rest of the WRs are a little uninspiring but definitely "Oregon level" considering that we haven't exactly produced a ton of great WRs.

TE depth is concerning but it's better than last year. Both Breeland and McCormick proved to be at least serviceable and they will get better. Webb is also going to be good.
Yeah I think that's about right.

Unfortunately, TBJ is not built for football. But he's got the potential that's for sure.

Mitchell is the only P5 receiver on the team. If he has a good year I can definitely see all conference. He'd be even better if we had anyone else at the other wideout spots.

I'm pinning my hopes on Felix and Verdell. I like what I saw out of Felix last year.

I don't remember the last time we were this weak at the skill positions. You'd have to go back to the 90s I would think