Mariota could become the highest paid player in the NFL

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Mariota could become the highest paid player in the NFL

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:You have to admire the story: A good-looking Italian kid goes to college in the midwest, achieves national recognition but then falls out of the first round in the NFL draft and has to start as a backup, only throwing twenty-something passes his first season. The 49ers go 2-14 the year before and weren't expected to do anything, but he becomes the starter halfway through another terrible season and goes on a little winning streak and they finish 6-10 and suddenly there is life in the organization and the fans in San Francisco are interested again. Personally, I think a guy who can revive the franchise like that is worth all the money you can pay him. The guy just screams Hall of Fame to me every time I watch him play.
I agree. He looks really really good when you watch him play, plus the people around the Patriots always thought he was a star in waiting. I know it's early but I'd bet pretty big on Jimmy G.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Tray Dub wrote:
Phalanx wrote:You have to admire the story: A good-looking Italian kid goes to college in the midwest, achieves national recognition but then falls out of the first round in the NFL draft and has to start as a backup, only throwing twenty-something passes his first season. The 49ers go 2-14 the year before and weren't expected to do anything, but he becomes the starter halfway through another terrible season and goes on a little winning streak and they finish 6-10 and suddenly there is life in the organization and the fans in San Francisco are interested again. Personally, I think a guy who can revive the franchise like that is worth all the money you can pay him. The guy just screams Hall of Fame to me every time I watch him play.
I agree. He looks really really good when you watch him play, plus the people around the Patriots always thought he was a star in waiting. I know it's early but I'd bet pretty big on Jimmy G.
I was talking about Joe Montana in 1980. I think Jimmy G is grossly overpaid.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
I was talking about Joe Montana in 1980. I think Jimmy G is grossly overpaid.
:cry:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

His contract feels like Sam Bradford's rookie contract.

Yes Marcus will be the highest paid player in the NFL after he wins the Super Bowl MVP award next year.