Nice column by Canzano

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Nice column by Canzano

Post by maxduck »

on Cristobal. Normally wouldn't link a Canzano piece but figured a few extra clicks might be positive reinforcement.

It's this: Cristobal is going to win a pile of games over time.

"I want kids who can't live without football," he said. "Guys who abhor losing more than they like winning... bad-ass sons of guns that want to be at Oregon."

Ex-Oregon coach Mike Bellotti got a lot out of his players. Chip Kelly was so gifted schematically that he made Dennis Dixon and Darron Thomas look like Joe Montana. Mark Helfrich helped groom Marcus Mariota. Willie Taggart packed recruiting sizzle. But what Cristobal, officially 0-1 as Oregon's coach, has done in 107 days on the job is demand that the culture of Ducks football to turn away from sizzle and get back to steak.

He wants to build something. And he wants to use substance to do it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... iver_index
Duck24
Senior

Re: Nice column by Canzano

Post by Duck24 »

:roll: No such thing as a good Clown article.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I just AdBlock him and they get nothing from my visit.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I'll believe it if we get to 9 wins this season and start beating Stanford and UW.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I've been tentative and concerned about Cristobal and his plan, especially on offense. The fact that Canzano likes him just adds fuel to that fire.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

Gee nothing like the negative Nellies. Ever thought about giving him a chance? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

srduck wrote:Gee nothing like the negative Nellies. Ever thought about giving him a chance? Just wondering.

Seriously. Give the man a year, his camp, his coaches, his philosophy. I would bet, overall the coaching staff is better this year (at least we don’t have any freaking hospitalized players yet...).
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

srduck wrote:Gee nothing like the negative Nellies. Ever thought about giving him a chance? Just wondering.

With the exception of one post, all the negative posts are about the Clown.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I love how nobody is allowed to show concern, particularly after that bowl game. Oh my goodness, I just said I was concerned and tentative! Revoke my duck fan card. :lol:
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Of course people are entitled to opinions and concern. Otherwise this forum wouldn’t be too inviting. I think what some are saying, is give MC a chance to show his wares before pitchforks come out. Mario is trying to change a culture, and that takes a little time. It’s interesting that Chip’s first game was also against BSU, but he had an entire spring to prepare for that game and got blown out. We got our first 1st down midway through the 3rd quarter. And yet Chip went on to became legendary. Let’s not judge MC too harshly - or to softly - given the tiny sample size.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I still think if Royce Freeman plays in that game, we win it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:I still think if Royce Freeman plays in that game, we win it.
To me, MC’s biggest mistake was having Royce give the team a motivational speech. I was watching that before the game and it looked like team wasn’t reacting at all to what he was saying. Not a good decision by MC.

As for my biggest concern after the bowl game, it was the playcalling. So conservative and it wasn’t aggressive until it was too late. I heard from a reliable inside source that Justin Herbert was so mad on the sideline cause he felt like the playcalling wasn’t doing anything for them. I agree to give the coaching staff some time, but if we see playcalling like that again it’ll be another loss.

srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
To me, MC’s biggest mistake was having Royce give the team a motivational speech. I was watching that before the game and it looked like team wasn’t reacting at all to what he was saying. Not a good decision by MC.

As for my biggest concern after the bowl game, it was the playcalling. So conservative and it wasn’t aggressive until it was too late. I heard from a reliable inside source that Justin Herbert was so mad on the sideline cause he felt like the playcalling wasn’t doing anything for them. I agree to give the coaching staff some time, but if we see playcalling like that again it’ll be another loss.

You heard from a reliable inside source???? Sure, okay. The same reliable inside sources you had for previous stuff you posted here?????

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

srduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

You heard from a reliable inside source???? Sure, okay. The same reliable inside sources you had for previous stuff you posted here?????

I just post what I post, I can’t give away actual names cause of how I happen to hear things, I’d be breaking a workplace policy. But hey, if you or anyone else doesn’t want to believe me, that’s fine by me, not going to stop me from posting what I hear anyways.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think having Royce with the team at all was a mistake. He quit and that's okay. It's what's best for him and he deserves the opportunity to make that decision. Don't let him be around the team, though.

I also did not like the play-calling or blocking that game but I have faith that Cristobal and Arroyo will figure it out. Herbert can be mad at the play-calling all he wants but some of the bad offensive play was on him.